Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lurg
Visitor

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Having the exact same issue. I’ve had a TCL Roku TV for a couple of years and never been able to fix it, no matter what I try. Outputting stereo audio isn’t an option, as I have a Vizio surround sound system I want to use. TCL and Roku don’t care about this at all and keep releasing TVs with the exact same issue. If I had known this, I would have returned my TV, but I mistakenly thought they’d fix it with a software update.
blade_005
Roku Guru

"Lurg" wrote:
Having the exact same issue. I’ve had a TCL Roku TV for a couple of years and never been able to fix it, no matter what I try. Outputting stereo audio isn’t an option, as I have a Vizio surround sound system I want to use. TCL and Roku don’t care about this at all and keep releasing TVs with the exact same issue. If I had known this, I would have returned my TV, but I mistakenly thought they’d fix it with a software update.

I have a VIzio 5.1 soundbar system that I use with my P-Series TCL Roku TV and find that the following settings using the Vizio SmartCast app or Vizio Remote give me a pretty good 5.1 audio sync experience using mostly the internal Roku apps (Netflix, Hulu, Prime Video, PBS, etc.) There can still be the occasional drift of audio, but it is mostly if I REW or FWD thru a stream to find a specific time mark. Even when this happens, I find turning OFF the soundbar and back on will create a sync audio experience for the remainder of the stream.

Vizio Soundbar Settings using the SmartCast app or Vizio Remote:
EQ = DIRECT
TruVolume = OFF
AV Delay = 2 or 3 (Should test each and see if you detect one is better than the other)
BenQ HT2060 4LED Projector | ONN 5.1.2 Dolby ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 55P605 (4K/HDR/DV) | VIZIO SB36512‑F6 ATMOS Soundbar | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 43S425 (4K HDR) | FTV4K MAX
TCL Roku-TV 32S301 (720p) | FTV4K MAX
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Lurg 

Thanks for sharing your experience. Please send me a private message with more details about the issue you experience, and your specific device information. 

- What is the serial number of your Roku TV from Settings>System>About? 
- What is the exact make/model of your Vizio surround sound system? 
- How is your TV connected to your surround sound system, via HDMI ARC or S/PDIF optical? 
- What channel(s) do you observe an audio sync issue occurring on? Please also provide a specific content title example so our team can take a closer look. 
- What are your current settings in Settings>Audio?

I'll follow up with you directly to continue looking into this, and help gather any additional details that our team may need to continue investigating. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Markjd11
Visitor

I have the same issue and from reading tons of message board posts, there doesn’t seem to be a good fix. I have TCL65s517 using a Sonos Beam soundbar. The delay occurs across all media.

I’ve tried every combination to get rid of the audio lag; different hdmi cables, optical cables, even another sound bar. The problem is clearly with Roku as my other tv has no issue.

Is there ever going to be a solution to this issue???
0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Markjd11

Thanks for reaching out to let us know about the issue you're seeing. 

Please send me a PM with your TV's serial number, the specific model of Sonos soundbar you're using, and more information about the specific channels and content you're watching when you observe the issue. I'll follow up with you directly to help gather more information to pass along to our team. 

Thanks,
Tanner
0 Kudos
Markjd11
Visitor

@RokuTannerD

As I stated, the lag is across all media, all channels, all services. It was with a Sony soundbar as well as a Sonos beam.  Your automated response with all the people who have the same problem make me suspect you aren't even a real person. How about we post a solution for everyone who has unsuspectingly bought a TV that seems to inherently have this issue. If there is no fix, then just say it so I can know in the future to not buy a Roku Tv.
Burltree66
Visitor

Re: Roku 4 audio delay

Adding my voice of discontent to the chorus....

II’ve replaced my Sony HT-CT660 soundbar with a Yamaha ATS 1080.  The Sony had no issues with audio sync but the new Yahama has serious picture lag behind audio. I’ve done a factory reset and the issue remains.  I’m connected via S/PDIF optical cable from Roku player to Yamaha soundbar.  

Happy to supply my particulars via PM to get this resolved.

I really wanna keep my Roku, but everything I’ve read suggests this is a common problem.  I hope you can help or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@Markjd11

Definitely not a robot—just trying to gather useful details to pass along to my team so they can work on reproducing the issue you're reporting, and work toward a resolution. I understand that you mentioned all channels, however, it's more helpful if you can cite a few direct channels, and include any specific content titles that you've observed the issue on. This way we have a full reproduction case to work with. 

Does this also occur if you try to watch content on an HDMI input device such as a gaming console, Blu-Ray/DVD player, etc? 

@Burltree66 

Thanks for the specifics here! Please feel free to PM me with any additional information and content examples. I'd be happy to help pass those over to my team as well. 

I'll follow up with you directly to continue working with you. 

Thanks, 
Tanner
0 Kudos
Burltree66
Visitor

Will do thx!
0 Kudos
matiasf9

I have the same issue. I just got my new TCL 65 Series 5 and Vizio soundbar, and after installing everything for these two days (hang in wall, 5.1 in room with hidden cables, etc), I figured out that the audio is delayed (audio after image; watching Netflix; any movie). Any fix/tip? Otherwise I’m planning to return to Costco and get another brand 😞
0 Kudos