Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pduan
Reel Rookie

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

I have it selected as “Custom” with Dolby Digital and DTS off.

This seems like the least lag although I still see echoing when the TV speakers are also on.

0 Kudos
PB03
Binge Watcher

We just purchased a 55" Hisense A6 Series 4K Ultra HD TV (55U6GR). It replaced a Samsung 55". We immediately noticed the same issue so many have reported. The sound from the TV does not sync with sound bars, nor with headsets. We did research and find a great many folks reporting about a 100ms - 200ms delay in any attached sound device (sound bar, speakers, head set, etc.) Thers seems to be no way to correct this issue, and thus all we can use in the tv speakers. This seems to be an issue with ROKU TV's. Is ROKU working on a fix for this issue?

0 Kudos
taleleuma
Reel Rookie

This doesn't seem to be limited to just Roku. I replaced Roku TV with Google TV. Same issue. Little bit better with Google TV but may be b'se of advanced settings within TV.

0 Kudos
Holly65584
Reel Rookie

I solved it by just unplugging the TV and plugging it back in. The 3 or 4 other TCL/Roku problems I've had have been solved the same way.

0 Kudos
rackflot
Channel Surfer

I wish power cycling was the cure. 

I tried it on an insignia tv i have also and have the same issue. d

Lots of people post on this so it does not seem to be fixed easily. 

Mine sits in a box unused now for years. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Remember that power cycling doesn't mean simply turning the TV off and back on. You need to actually remove the power for 30 seconds, or use the System Restart menu option. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
rackflot
Channel Surfer

Been there, done that. There are too many people complaining of this without a cure.

I update the fw on the unit, no change. Tried a different TV, no change. 

so there it sets now for at least a year. Will try to give it away as I boxed it up like new.

0 Kudos