Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bsmall72

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Sure, just give Tanner your tv serial number and he'll fix you right up. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!

Bsmall72

Are you still gathering information? Might I suggest you purchase a Roku tv and plug any soundbar into it? That should provide all the I formation you need, and I think that would save all of us a lot of time.

Visitor45763
Roku Guru

@Bsmall72 wrote: Might I suggest you purchase a Roku tv and plug any soundbar into it? That should provide all the I formation you need,

Your post reminded me of a SlashGear article I saw yesterday. Roku bought Quibi some months ago, and is now hiring a Production [word not allowed by Roku Community]. Apparently, getting into original content production to compete with Amazon, Netflix, et. al. 

This thread's a year old. Amazon's $22 Firestick Lite has a setting to adjust audio/video sync. It seems like Roku is shooting in the dark, shifting priorities, always some new thing that will make it great. Never perfecting what it thought would make it great ("so last year.").

By 2022, the original content idea will probably be passé. And, we'll still be talking about this lip sync problem. (The original content will probably have lip synch problems too, straight out of the can.).

Too many irons in the fire. An identity crisis. Jack of all trades, master of none. The stock price and earnings report could suggest all is fine. But, it's hard to fail when you have an apocalyptic plague driving everyone to at-home entertainment. Another way to view this: there's that many more people being exposed to Roku's mediocrity. I anticipate this will be reflected in forward earnings. Essentially cannibalizing tomorrow's customers today.

I think it's sad. I love competition. I'm not in love with Google. If CEO Woods had been serious about being Android on TVs, instead of trying to be Google, that could have been great. But, he has butterfly syndrome. "Oooh! I wanna be...."  I don't see it working out. Maybe the hardware/software (original Roku) will become a non-thing, and Roku will just become another "channel" we watch on real tvs and streaming boxes (stuff that's really supported and taken seriously by the people who make and sell them). 

"People are often amazed at how much we’ve done with the number of engineers we’ve got." (Roku CEO Anthony Wood, Austin Statesman, Oct 4, 2019). "Amazed" is one way of putting it.
0 Kudos
valenti60

Hey @RokuTannerD has this been solved yet, having the same issue! 

0 Kudos
Filius
Channel Surfer

Hi,

You wrote, "All these issues go away if you plug in your streaming device directly into AV receiver / soundbar. it's like that yo dawg meme, you have to plug your roku into your roku."

What I'm not clear on is, if you plug the Roku into an audio receiver, how do you get the picture on your screen? Does it pass through the receiver somehow? 

I would appreciate any assistance, thanks! 

0 Kudos
bmfc1
Reel Rookie

Hi. That was someone who replied, not me. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@Filius wrote:

What I'm not clear on is, if you plug the Roku into an audio receiver, how do you get the picture on your screen? Does it pass through the receiver somehow? 

If it's an audio only receiver, then there's no way to connect a Roku to it. There are some older Roku players with an optical output, but except for the Roku Streambar 9102R nothing current has one. But if you have a receiver with HDMI jacks (referred to as an Audio-Video Receiver, AVR), then you connect the Roku directly to the AVR, which then has an HDMI video output that feeds video to the TV. This is also the way to get the highest quality audio output, such as Dolby Digital+/Atmos from providers that offer it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Pduan
Reel Rookie

I have a Vizio SB3621n-G8 sound bar connected to my 65R615 Roku TV and I am experiencing a slight delay in audio across multiple streaming services: Netflix, Youtube, Apple TV+, etc.

Even in the main Roku menu, if I enable both built-in speakers and external, I can hear the echo and menu navigation double-clicks.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Pduan

Thanks for the post. 

In Settings > Audio > Audio mode, what setting do you have selected? Does the same issue occur if you change the setting to Stereo, etc.? 

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rackflot
Channel Surfer

I tried all the settings and flashed the last update when I got it. Could not get rid of it. 

Looks like the only cure is to buy a tcl tv, that might work. I won't, wrong order of things to do and no guarantees.

There is a reason this topic is such a long thread. I packed it back up and will try to give it away as a gift, might work on a non Samsung tv. If not, they can pass it along.

0 Kudos