Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JesseC
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

It’s a page or 2 back. 

“Go to your settings, then into the pair new device or remote menu. Start to pair a new Roku speaker. This will trigger a software update. Once the update installs, you will have a new option under your audio settings for “auto Pass-through”. Auto pass-through fixed the issue but was not giving me 5.1 sound. I changed back to auto-detect and now I have no detectable audio delay. I haven’t been listening long, so it may come back, but I think the software update related to the Roku speakers has fixed this problem for me. “

sm3010
Channel Surfer

Thank you very much. I'm going to give it a try today. Will report back.

0 Kudos
EddieNY

Worked for me! Thanks much!

0 Kudos
taleleuma
Reel Rookie

@dwag0588 wrote:

I think I might have accidentally fixed this issue today. Go to your settings, then into the pair new device or remote menu. Start to pair a new Roku speaker. This will trigger a software update. Once the update installs, you will have a new option under your audio settings for “auto Pass-through”. Auto pass-through fixed the issue but was not giving me 5.1 sound. I changed back to auto-detect and now I have no detectable audio delay. I haven’t been listening long, so it may come back, but I think the software update related to the Roku speakers has fixed this problem for me. 

This solution didn't work for me. My setup is like this: TCL 65R625. Optical cable coming out of TV to old Harman Kardon receiver (so, no HDMI connectivity) and 5 speakers attached to the receiver. Before I purchased TCL Roku TV, I used to have Sony TV. I used to keep both TV and receiver speakers ON and all audios were in sync. With TCL, I started having audio lag on receiver speakers. I tried the solution given above. It forced the firmware update and I see Auto-pass through option. Even after trying few things mentioned in the solution, I still get audio lag on receiver speakers.    

0 Kudos
Tmin2020
Binge Watcher

Thanks for the feedback taleleuma. I have the same setup as you, very old 5.1 AV system without HDMI audio;Just optical audio input.  (I also used to have a Sony hdtv with my av system with no audio sync issues. But my tcl 65r625 tends to have this audio issues on ABC evening news, some apps and sometimes a firetv gen 2 box streaming livetv channels. But 90% of the time I avoid those things.  So do you think 9.3 firmware is worth it for anything?Did it make things worse? Otherwise I may just stay with 9.2.2.

0 Kudos
taleleuma
Reel Rookie

@Tmin2020 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback taleleuma. I have the same setup as you, very old 5.1 AV system without HDMI audio;Just optical audio input.  (I also used to have a Sony hdtv with my av system with no audio sync issues. But my tcl 65r625 tends to have this audio issues on ABC evening news, some apps and sometimes a firetv gen 2 box streaming livetv channels. But 90% of the time I avoid those things.  So do you think 9.3 firmware is worth it for anything?Did it make things worse? Otherwise I may just stay with 9.2.2.

My problem (TV speakers and Receiver speakers not in sync) didn't get solved after 9.3 upgrade. I use either built-in TV speakers or receiver speakers- (any one of both with no issues. Never together due to audio lag on receiver speakers). Sorry, I can't advise you on your upgrade question. But, if I were you, I would probably upgrade- just so that there seems to be new option after upgrade.

0 Kudos
Threegeese
Binge Watcher

I have the R625 model as well. I think I already had auto Passthrough on this model before the update so this might have been a difference between the newer and older model? Or, I had Passthrough but not Auto Passthrough maybe?

At any rate I still have hdmi arc delay issues with the auto Dectect or Passthrough audio setting after the update. 

0 Kudos
JesseC
Channel Surfer

Anyone with an old receiver having issues With 9.3 might be worth setting it to Dolby digital instead of pass through or auto. Your recover might not support Dolby digital plus. 

0 Kudos
user700
Binge Watcher

Update 9.3 did not solve the audio delay for me, but I have found a bit of a workaround!

I have an Apple TV 4k as a source along with a PC on HDMI 1 & 2, and a Sonos Beam connected to the ARC connection.

The 9.3 update added the auto passthrough audio option. I found 2 things with this:

Firstly with the sound with auto passthrough enabled was much clearer through the Sonos Beam with Dolby Digital content, but the audio delay was still there. All along I have had issues with speech clarity on the Sonos beam, now they are gone. So this TV has not only been causing an audio delay, it was also degrading the quality of the sound output. 

Secondly, I noticed some difference in audio delay when using Netflix on my Apple TV 4k and Netflix on my PC. I had read somewhere that labeling a HDMI input on this TV will enable PC mode.
So I labeled the HDMI with my Apple TV 4k on it, Computer. Now the audio is coming slightly after the video, so I can use TV DIalog Sync set to +2 on my Sonos Beam soundbar to get the audio somewhat in sync.

It's not perfect, but it is the best I have been able to get it so far.

Here's the settings I am using:

HDMI input labeled as "Computer"

Picture Mode: Movie

Game Mode OFF (Turning it on ends up with the audio slightly behind the video still)

Sonos Beam: TV Dialog Sync +2

The picture quality in PC Mode is not as good as if the input is labeled as a streaming box or a console, so this is a compromise.

This should work for other soundbars or speaker set ups that can delay the audio output to try and get it in sync.

I don't think this will work for the internal apps.

Give it a try and see does it help!

0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

2 years later and still no fix for people with optical cables. Jesus christ