Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sm3010
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

I have a brand new TCL 4K 6-Series R625.  It's connected by optical out to a Cambridge Audio system. The audio lag is unbearable. I've tried everything. Is there a fix available?

0 Kudos
Mark_H-
Streaming Star

@sm3010 wrote:

I have a brand new TCL 4K 6-Series R625.  It's connected by optical out to a Cambridge Audio system. The audio lag is unbearable. I've tried everything. Is there a fix available?

If you are still in your return window just return it. Have had audio issues with the P605 and now the R615 for 2 years. You will be fighting trying to get synced audio forever. I'm done with TCL TVs. 

JesseC
Channel Surfer

Have you updated to 9.3?

0 Kudos
sm3010
Channel Surfer

Yes, it automatically updated to the latest version when I connected to WiFi.

0 Kudos
JesseC
Channel Surfer

Are you sure it’s 9.3 though?  It hasn’t released for a lot of people including myself but if you go back a page or 2 there is a way to force it.  I had unusable audio delay issues with surround sound (over arc) and looks like 9.3 has fixed it. 

0 Kudos
sm3010
Channel Surfer

Thanks, will give it a try

0 Kudos
Sdose

I have this audio delay with my TCL roku.  I do not have anything attached to it.. only tv.  I never noticed a delay until a month ago.  I have updated firmware.  how to fix?

0 Kudos
JesseC
Channel Surfer

What version does it say you have? 9.3?

0 Kudos
Venturafan
Binge Watcher

If you haven't done so already,  try turning off volume leveling.   Hit the * button while you are watching a show that's out of sync. Then you'll see the option for volume mode and you can turn it to OFF.  That has worked for me and no sync issues since.  I also only use the tv speakers.   Good luck

0 Kudos
sm3010
Channel Surfer

I have version 9.2xx. That's the latest available by automatic update. I don't know how to force a 9.3 update.

0 Kudos