Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jt2216

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Hello, I am having audio delay issues with my 65r625 and my Polk Magnifi One. The soundbar audio output is delayed from the panel audio. Are there any fixes to this issue? It occurs using app, and also PlayStation 

0 Kudos
taleleuma
Reel Rookie

I have same audio delay issue on my 65r625. I have optical cable connected from TCL Roku TV to Receiver. TV speakers have no lag but receiver speakers have lag.

Re: TCL 65R615

Same here.  No external speaker, just using the integrated ones and the audio lag is ridiculous.  For a while I would system restart every time I turned it.  Then I turned off sound leveling and that worked for about a month.  Now no matter what I do with settings, there is a lag of about 1 second. 

Terrible software.  Get it together TCL.

Fow now I am telling anyone that is tv shopping to avoid the brand altogether.  Next step is putting reviews up on any digital store I can find.

UPDATE:

Just reset the network connection and that worked.  For now..

SpikeTV
Channel Surfer

It's definitely not a TCL issue. I was able to resolve my problem (setting hard to find) with audio lag with the same TV running Android TV, which is how it is sold in Europe. There needs to be an adjustment somewhere and it doesn't appear that Roku is providing it.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@SpikeTV wrote:

It's definitely not a TCL issue. I was able to resolve my problem (setting hard to find) with audio lag with the same TV running Android TV, which is how it is sold in Europe. There needs to be an adjustment somewhere and it doesn't appear that Roku is providing it.

It's not the same TV if it's running Android. Completely different operating system. Under the Roku OS, it really does seem to be the TCL sets for the most part. Very few reports of other brands. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

I am not using a sound bar and using antennae tv and still have the sound delay issue. Happening with antennae tv as well as streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, etc). Have had the tv for about 9 months and the issue just started in the last week. 

Springheel
Reel Rookie

Is this problem only occurring on the TCL series-6 TVs?  I was looking at purchasing a TCL series-4, but now I'm reconsidering.  I haven't read through all 18 pages, but could anyone confirm that it also happens on TCL-4 TVs? 

0 Kudos
Mark_H-
Streaming Star

I am adding myself to this list. Have had issues with both P605 and now R615, no longer have the 605. I swear this issue can be fixed by software. Both TVs seemed to work fine for 6 months (all content including HDR/DV) and then out of nowhere the delay starts with mainly HDR/DV content. When I still had Comcast, DD had the issue as well. Up until recently I was running an old Yamaha receiver via optical. Not wanting to listen to my 4K HDR/DV in matrixed 2 channel PCM (to not have delay) decided to get a Yamaha AVR at Costco to hopefully have ARC solve my issues. It fixed it 75%. Now 1080p and 4K and HDR/DV has an ever so slight delay but it's livable unless I spend 80 bucks on a Roku Ultra to plug directly in the AVR which I have contemplated but it's not in the budget. My next TV will probably not be a TCL now. You can't beat the price/performance of the flagship TCLs but the software is what's holding it back. It did get me in the Roku platform which I love but I'll be putting my money where my mouth is with my next TV purchase. I hope you can get things sorted out TCL. 

wseroyer

I have a 65in TCL 6 series (r625) and i'm sending the audio via S/PDIF to a old Pioneer VSX-84TXSi  receiver. I have the audio pass through set to Dolby Digital, DTS I was having all of the same audio sync issues as everyone else. It was much worse when in Dolby Digital than in DTS, I tested this by setting my PS4 to bitstream Dolby Digital then DTS, and DTS was noticeably better. I dealt with this for awhile trying to find a solution until tonight while my girlfriend was watching TV. I set the virtual surround sound on the tv to Dolby Atmos virtualization and that fixed all of my audio sync problems for some reason. I'm thinking this is because the receiver is always getting a Dolby Digital signal no matter if the content is in 5.1 or Stereo and by turning virtualization on its then getting a 5.1 source from the content on screen. has anyone else tried this, are they experiencing the same solution?