Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhoyo68
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Hi,

I was having this same issue with audio delay.(Netflix, Prime)

I have switched the audio out to Dolby Digital only. And it seems there is no more delay.

My setup:

Tcl 55R615 

Streaming: Firestick 4K(Hdmi 2 input)

Optical Cable to Marantz receiver.

Not sure if it will work for anyone else but seems to solve my problem for now.

Now if I could only get a fix for the Dark HDR/DV

picture that Roku deny or are unwilling to fix..

Pat

0 Kudos
SpikeTV
Channel Surfer

This is a Roku issue, not TCL. The capability exists in the TVs, I live in Europe and the TV has Android TV for the OS. There's a simple control for adjusting sound sync, works fine with my TCL TV and Samsung soundbar.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@SpikeTV wrote:

This is a Roku issue, not TCL. The capability exists in the TVs, I live in Europe and the TV has Android TV for the OS. There's a simple control for adjusting sound sync, works fine with my TCL TV and Samsung soundbar.

How is it a Roku problem if it only seems to be TCL TVs that have this issue? I have an Insignia and Sharp Roku TV with no audio issues. Also, Roku devices are not built on Android, so not an equal comparison. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
SpikeTV
Channel Surfer

But that's the point. The same TV with Android TV as an OS does fine, but doesn't work with Roku's OS. Clearly it's not the TV itself. It sounds like Roku's implementation for TCL doesn't support it. 

0 Kudos
Synsilo20

Re: TCL 65 6 Series 2018 Audio Delay

Where is this elusive sound leveling found? I've searched settings and all I can find is dolby and pcm. Nothing shows off or leveling.  Can you run through each step please?

@Venturafan wrote:

Turning off volume leveling did the trick for me.

0 Kudos
Synsilo20

I found it and YES turning volume mode off fixed it. No leveling. Thank you to @Venturafan !!!  Instead of going into the settings menu of the Roku settings, hit the * button while you are watching a show that's out of sync. Then you'll see the option for volume mode and you can then it off.  

Fair warning, I'm not using a sound bar, just the built in speakers with direct TV, so I can't vouch for anything else connected. But this did fix my audio sync issue.

@Synsilo20 wrote:

Where is this elusive sound leveling found? I've searched settings and all I can find is dolby and pcm. Nothing shows off or leveling.  Can you run through each step please?

@Venturafan wrote:

Turning off volume leveling did the trick for me.

0 Kudos
Venturafan
Binge Watcher

Glad you found it.   Mixed results on the level of success, but it worked for me and still is, weeks later.

0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

I suggested this 16 months ago.

0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

It's not a TCL problem. I have the same issue on my Sharp 65" so it's the Roku OS that's the problem.  I got my TV on Black Friday in 2018. The day I started posting about the problem (on another account) a fellow user stated he had been dealing with the same thing for an entire calender year before THAT! Think about that? From what I gather everything was fine till Roku version 8. It's such a shame I can't recommend this product to anyone using a AVR or sound bar.

0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

It happens on my SHARP this is 100% on RoKu.

0 Kudos