Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasper1

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

Very well put. If everyone is having the same audio sync issue, share the remedy and save us the frustration of reading these nonsensical emails..

Astrix21
Reel Rookie

I have a 5140X that’s running 9.1.0.4501 I have not observed an audio delay  with the inbuilt netflix app. Sonos is getting Dolby 5.1 via ARC and audio is on auto-detect. I have a 6 series yet to be unpacked. Is there a deterministic way to measure the delay? I would rather return it unpacked if there is indeed a fundamental issue. 

0 Kudos
Pete2

Re: TCL 65 6 Series 2018 Audio Delay

I have had a TLC TV for about a year now.  About a week ago, I enabled sound leveling and for the first time, I have experienced the audio/video sync issue.  To resolve it, I have been either powering off the TV, disconnecting the AC power for about 20 seconds, then plugging back in and powering on.  The other way I have resolved it, is to issue a reset on the TV.  Either way would resolve the problem, but within a day or two, I would have the lip sync issue back.

Since I never had this issue before enabling sound leveling, I think I will disable that option if this continues.  I do not have any external sound devices connected and only stream via AT&T Direct TV Now app.

-Pete

0 Kudos
bguscott
Binge Watcher

I'm not sure about the 5140X model, but if it' running the latest version of Roku then you may also experience the delay.

However, the delay is only there when you use the HDMI inputs. If you plan on just using the built-in apps then you shouldn't experience any delay. That said, if you enable sound leveling or other audio post-processing it may be another story.

On my TV I can use the built-in Roku, Plex, and other apps without issue. But PS4 and other HDMI-inputs are unbearable due to the delay. I've resorted to using a HDMI-switch that extracts the audio and bypasses the TV entirely.

0 Kudos
user700
Binge Watcher

Thanks, yeah I might have to do the same. I use the HDMI inputs pretty much exclusively and the delay is as you say, unbearable.

I have had some luck with turning off CEC control of all attached devices, rebooting the TV and then refreshing the CEC device list and re-enabling CEC control for my devices which are mainly an Apple TV 4K and a Sonos Beam. But the sync does not last.

Does the HDMI switch automatically change inputs or is there another remote for that?

0 Kudos
user700
Binge Watcher

Does doing a factory reset of the Roku TV return the device to the software version I recieved the TV with? Mine came with software version 8 something and I'm sure it didn't have this issue with HDMI inputs having audio delay.

Is there a way to go back to the firmware version that the TV shipped with?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

@user700 wrote:

Does doing a factory reset of the Roku TV return the device to the software version I recieved the TV with? Mine came with software version 8 something and I'm sure it didn't have this issue with HDMI inputs having audio delay.

Is there a way to go back to the firmware version that the TV shipped with?

No, a hard reset removes everything that has to do with your account (channels, authentication, etc.) but it will restart with the same OS it has now. It will be the same as when you unboxed it, just with the same OS version you have now. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
user700
Binge Watcher

Mediocre!

0 Kudos

Semi-related issue on my end regarding Xbox/UHD, headphone delay, and TV speakers. Figured I'd post if it helped anyone.

Xbox One X into 55R625. UHD 4K bluray video/audio was in sync on the TV (internal speakers), but out of sync on my headphones connected to my Xbox controller. I thought it was an Xbox issue, but it's never happened before I owned this TV.

Tried all kinds of audio settings on both the TV and Xbox, nothing worked. I ended up turning off the internal TV speakers entirely, and suddenly audio through the controller was working, properly in sync.

Hard to explain what happened, but for me this worked. My 'workaround' is to now only have one audio source enabled at a time, either headphones, or tv. 

0 Kudos
TBKnbaNYC
Reel Rookie

Mine is out of sync too and this is very frustrating and time consuming.  Any fixes yet?  I have a TCL TV hooked up to a Soundbar via HDMI ARC. 

I have a TCL 55R617.  Software version:  9.2.0 - build 4502-30.  Hooked up via a high speed HDMI is my Polk Audio Signa S2 Sound Bar.

I am experiencing various levels of audio lag.  It's difficult to say how much lag exactly, but my DirecTV & Nintendo Switch seem the worst (hooked up via HDMI to the TV).  I also am experiencing some lag via the apps running from the TV's built in roku OS... Netflix, Apple TV+ etc.

I have repeatedly tried all the various troubleshooting "solutions" in these threads... PCM Linear etc.  

I really do not want to have to have to sell my TCL tv and give it a 1 star rating.  For the amount of time and $$ invested by customers it seems ridiculous that Roku can't help us.  Please help!

0 Kudos