Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robbo1
Channel Surfer

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

I have the AUDIO delay on my 55" as well. Also sometimes get an ECHO effect.  Going to the SYSTEM menu to the POWER submenu and doing the SYSTEM REBOOT will correct it for one or two days or so, but it returns randomly. TCL support was absolutely no help has my warranty expired a few months previously. Their position is that its a hardware issue that I need to bring somewhere to repair. NO INFO ON WHERE TO TAKE IT! Bogus advice especially since if it was hardware I doubt that a reboot would fix it temporarily.

My suspicion is that it stared after one of the system updates but good luck getting them to admit that.

Philjkre
Channel Surfer

Explain to me why your company sells tv with chronic audio issues. Dont PM me either I want you to publicly apologize for selling a defective product that you knew had an audio delay so everyone can see what thieves you are. I have an audio delay and IM USING YOUR TCL TV's OWN BUILT IN SPEAKERS. Your product is faulty and from the looks of this comment thread, you've known about it for a long time. So again, dint tell me to pm you with the serial # and all the bs. Tell me what the universal fix is for your own **bleep** merchandise. Or I'll just take it back and get a real smart tv that actually works.
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

I suggested this on my other account over a year ago. My old **bleep** 43" Hisense with Opera OS had options to delay both audio AND lip-synch. Why is it so hard to add this option? It would cut down on the complains while they address a proper fix. Looks like this issue has been going for over 3 years and some older posters suggested it "patch in" during version 7 because of software for their **bleep** wireless speakers no one buys are cares about. My brother brought a TV on Black Friday and asked for some suggestions make sure it was Android based and explained some the problems I've had.

0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

Thank you your post and several others proves that this issue was introduced in version 8. Unfortunately my TV came with it 😞

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

Roku doesnt make the flunky TV's you all bought. They make Roku's that strangely enough say

Roku on them. If you look at your TV's they will say something like ACME or TCL or Hisence or

something else. Roku only licenses the ability to make the Hardware for these (smart)TV's.

Your problems seem to be exclusive to these TV's. Why wouldnt you hold these companys

accountable? Roku is hereby trying to help but it isnt really on them.

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
ChromeisBetter
Streaming Star

Wait, What? This is a software problem over a ton of manufacturers introduced by their Roku OS. It appeared in Roku version 8 OS by all accounts. I get around it by using a android box where I can change the audio delay.

0 Kudos
boogernose
Roku Guru

I own a Roku 2 and dont have this problem at all.

Im glad you and other found a work around but Roku didnt make your TV.

0 Kudos
robbo1
Channel Surfer

UPDATE:

I made an update to my ticket with TCL about ths and got the same answer about it being a hardware problem I should get a repair shop to fix. When I asked where a repair shop existed that could service a TCL TV I was told that since they don't maintain service shops they don't have such information. i.e., good luck finding someone. A bogus response in many ways but primarily that they are adamant it is due to a hardware failure, BUT not one that someone at a non-affiliated service location would likely know about! Also, given the volume and breadth of 'ME TOOs' I am seeing on Roku's site, if it IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM , then they evidently have a serious manufacturing problem affecting all TCL TV's in the field or possibly even that are coming off the assembly line. If it was identified as a hardware issue, why not share what component that is repairable is the culprit? if not a lie that is. My personal theory is that it is a software issue that only a Class Action lawsuit will get them to address.

boogernose
Roku Guru

As we speak Roku's can be had very cheaply. If I owned a TCL or any smart Tv that I couldnt return

and was unhappy with its internal Roku performance I would simply get a stick or something else and plug it into an HDMI port. Youll have time to return it if you arent happy.

Roku's are not expensive right now. check out Amazon or the net....

There s a simple solution.

0 Kudos
rcukor
Channel Surfer

@boogernose wrote:

As we speak Roku's can be had very cheaply. If I owned a TCL or any smart Tv that I couldnt return

and was unhappy with its internal Roku performance I would simply get a stick or something else and plug it into an HDMI port. Youll have time to return it if you arent happy.

Roku's are not expensive right now. check out Amazon or the net....

There s a simple solution.

This is nonsense advice for most of the people with this issue. I had an HTPC, PS4, and laptop plugged into the HDMI - all with the same issue!

Why would I buy a Roku when my TV running Roku software can't do the simple task of passing through audio? This is not a high bar at all - I'm pretty sure even a TI83 calculator would be up to the task. The issue is clearly with the software, as evidenced by the large uptick in complaints following the update to version 8 of Roku OS.

0 Kudos