Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kwhalen
Binge Watcher

Re: TCL 65R615

My TCL TV was lagging on all inputs including OTA, Netflix, Plex, etc.  The sound lag was identical  through the TV speakers, and the Pioneer surround reciever. I looked on Redit and someone recommended turning off the "Sound Leveling" feature. That fixed it for me,  and I no longer feel like I am watching dubbed content. I remembered that I had recently messed with that "feature",  and I never noticed a difference in sound levels anyway. 

0 Kudos
Dogslave

Re: TCL 55R615 Audio Delay

I also have had an extremely annoying audio delay using wireless Roku speakers. I have tried the fixes advised by Roku support but still have the problem.

0 Kudos
Foothills83
Reel Rookie

Welp, just got my new 55" 6 Series delivered from Costco on Saturday and noticed the audio sync issues described in this thread immediately. Setup is HDMI3 to Denon AVR-930H using ARC and CEC and a 5.1 system wired to the receiver. When the audio setting on the TV menu is set to auto or any of the surround sound options, it's unwatchable with the audio sync/skipping issues. PCM stereo setting works fine.

I see two options:
1. Plug a Roku stick into the receiver and have the receiver handle all sound and then HDMI out from the receiver to the TV for the picture. This sounds like a workaround some other folks have been using. This lets me keep the TV and possibly wait for a firmware fix that might never come. Pretty dang lame that I bought this TV with the cool built-in Roku interface and then it doesn't work with surround sound through the most direct method.
2. Return the TV to Costco and buy something else. Vizio M-series for around $500 is comparable to what I paid for the TCL. Samsung Q6D and RU8000 are about the same price and in the running too.
0 Kudos
IOT_Guy
Reel Rookie

Because the video needs to be delayed, not the audio. It appears that their audio processor is delayed, so we'd need to be able to delay the video to match.

0 Kudos
bguscott
Binge Watcher

Well technically the issue here is because the audio should be passed through to the receiver, but it's not, as Roku is processing it in some capacity introducing the delay.

A video offset would not be the right solution. We just want audio passthrough which was advertised as a feature on most of our TVs.

0 Kudos
Venturafan
Binge Watcher

Don't know if you ever got it resolved, but my week old tv has been out of voice sync and driving me nuts. I tried just about everything i could find on the web. Then just for shiggles i decided to plug some earbuds into the headphone jack on the back of the tv. Surprisingly, through my earbuds the lips were in synch. So i unplugged then and wouldn't you know it, my TV speakers were now in synch! Don't know how long it'll stay this way but something to try. For now it worked for me.
0 Kudos
Steenod

Having the exact same issue with a 65R613 from Costco which I just bought Friday. Using a Samsung sound bar. Probably returning the tv back to Costco.
0 Kudos
Foothills83
Reel Rookie

Returned mine to Costco today. Easy. Customer service clerk was asking me about it because she said she was thinking of buying one too. I told her I generally liked the TV, but wanted to purchase one that didn't have any issues out of the box.

Picked up the Hisense H9F at Best Buy yesterday. Built-in Android TV can be somewhat laggy, which sucks. But not totally unexpected for the price. Pretty panel, but had to save money somewhere, so the processor was the victim. ARC/CEC works great. No sound sync issues.

Might pick up an nVidia Shield at some point. Or whatever future Roku supports Dolby Vision.
0 Kudos
Venturafan
Binge Watcher

Try something first. Be sure Volume Mode is set to Off. Seems that when it's set to Leveling there could be synch issues. I'm interested to hear if that helps you.
0 Kudos
Foothills83
Reel Rookie

Tried that and didn't seem to help.
0 Kudos