Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCL 43S405 HDR is washed out, please help me

So the other day I finally figured out how to get HDR working on my TV for my PS4. I loaded up Everybody's Golf and turned on HDR, it all looked like shit, everything has a very washed out look to it. Today I loaded up Blade Runner 2049 on my TV through USB via the media player, it also is washed out. There aren't any settings I've found on this cheap Chinese shit TV that relate to HDR. I've been through all the settings and can't find anything. As soon as HDR goes on, colors go out the door. I really regret buying this piece of shit, I can't use one of the majors features/reasons to own a 4k HDR TV. I don't think that there is any way anyone can help me, I've googled a bunch of things and can't find any answers. I would love it if someone could give me an answer, but I have a feeling I won't get anything from the Roku support people in here that is even remotely useful. I regret giving my money to TCL and I wish that I had the money for a Samsung, because at least HDR would work on that, I don't recommend this TV to anyone and I won't be. And before anyone asks, no I don't know the serial number and I'm not unplugging all my shit and flipping the TV over to find out, it's a pain in the ass. And there is no cursing here what a load of shit.
0 Kudos
13 Replies
jeffrok
Level 12

Re: TCL 43S405 HDR is washed out, please help me

Serial number can be gotten they the menus..
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos

Does no one have any help for me?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I don't have a TCL set, but do have a Sharp Roku TV, and HDR looks great on it. Can't say why the difference, which is why I didn't respond at first. Sounds like it might be something with your set, as I believe I have read other TCL owners reporting good color quality.
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos

So no one has any help? Not even the Roku forum employees. I can gladly say I will never be buy or recommending TCL as they are a shitt y brand obviously, Samsung can have all my money, they make the highest quality TVs, so flower TCL.
0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 11

Give it some time, geez. I mean you come in all super negative, what do you expect?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

"Zerrikanterment" wrote:
So no one has any help? Not even the Roku forum employees. I can gladly say I will never be buy or recommending TCL as they are a ****** brand obviously, Samsung can have all my money, they make the highest quality TVs, so **** TCL.

I'm unable to help because I have no experience with that TV.

However, if I had experience, I would be unwilling to help because of your attitude. I personally don't care if you ever get it, or anything in your life, working. I suspect I'm not the only one, but the others here are too polite to say so.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos

"twiceover" wrote:
Give it some time, geez. I mean you come in all super negative, what do you expect?

Why do you have a problem with me? You would be angry too if you spent $300 on a new TV and part of it doesn't work for no reason, it's like they didn't even test it. It's also been two days and I got two answers, both of which didn't help. So hop off my back please.
0 Kudos

"DBDukes" wrote:
"Zerrikanterment" wrote:
So no one has any help? Not even the Roku forum employees. I can gladly say I will never be buy or recommending TCL as they are a ****** brand obviously, Samsung can have all my money, they make the highest quality TVs, so **** TCL.

I'm unable to help because I have no experience with that TV.

However, if I had experience, I would be unwilling to help because of your attitude. I personally don't care if you ever get it, or anything in your life, working. I suspect I'm not the only one, but the others here are too polite to say so.

You would be angry to if a major feature didn't work on your TV, it's like no one tested it. You just HAD to make your petty little comment, being mad has nothing to do with me getting help. I'm mad, and you sound like a dick.
0 Kudos

My TCL does not have this problem. Maybe the best thing for you to do is to return the TV where you purchased it and ask for a replacement. TCL, by the way, is very good in dealing with warranty issues.
0 Kudos