Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HDfree81

Re: Sync voices to picture

Voice sync goes every day --------- have to reset system everyday.  Poor technology.   Period.

Josi

I am having the same problem every night, not on all channels though. Please assist. 

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Josi,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running.

Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on?

As a first step, we recommend that during playback of any content, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. Do you have any 'Volume mode' enabled here? If so, try turning this off. Does this resolve the issue? 

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Bandit04

Hi, we have voice sync trouble with all YouTubetv, prime, Netflix programming.  Sony says not their problem.  Volume mode off.  Think it’s the Roku?thanks.  Stephen

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bandit04

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if you are still experiencing the same issue occur?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jerry_b

I had the sync to tv problem with a lot of the channels, so i  deleted the roku app, unplugged the router, totally undid the roku, wall plug and usb port,  reconnecte the router. reinstalled the app, brought it all back online,, waaaalaaaa, it all works.

0 Kudos
terry106sc
Binge Watcher

None of these have resolved it for me.  I have a Roku Ultra AND an Amazon Fire Stick.  On the same TV the Roku audio is always not in sync on all channels and all streaming services, even commercials and the Fire TV always is in sync.  That tells me that it is a Roku Issue.  I hate it but I'm going back to the Fire Stick.  

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @terry106sc

Thank you for the post.

If you're experiencing audio sync issues on your Roku Ultra but not on your Amazon Fire Stick, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

• Restart your Roku Ultra: Try restarting your Roku Ultra to see if it resolves the audio sync issue. You can do this by going to the Roku settings menu and selecting "System," then "Power," and then "Restart."
  • Adjust the audio delay: Some Roku Ultra models have the option to adjust the audio delay. You can check your Roku Ultra's settings to see if this option is available and try adjusting it to see if it resolves the issue.
  • Check your HDMI cable: Make sure your HDMI cable is properly connected and not damaged. A damaged cable can cause audio sync issues.
  • Check your TV settings: Make sure your TV's audio settings are properly configured. Some TVs have the option to adjust the audio delay, which can help resolve sync issues.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
terry106sc
Binge Watcher

None of those suggestions worked so I downgraded to a streaming stick and the audio is in sync for now.  Thanks for the suggestions though. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@terry106sc

Thanks for keeping us posted.  

We're glad to hear that the matter has been resolved. We express our gratitude for your effort in troubleshooting. We'll take note of your feedback. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if there is any further assistance we may provide for you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos