Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Roku ultra results in greenish or pinkish screen

I have a Denon 4700h avr and a Sony A80j TV. When I use the Denon to switch from Frontier satellite TV to the Roku ultra, I often get a weird display on my Sony A80j TV. The screen displays a pinkish or greenish pattern. I would post a picture, but I don’t see that option. If I switch back and forth several times, the Roku sometimes syncs up. Often, though, I have to unplug the Roku’s power cord or hdmi cable to get The Roku to work. The hdmi cable isn’t the problem. I’ve tried several hdmi cables. My guess is that there is a “handshake” problem, but I don’t know how to fix it. When I switch back to Frontier satellite, there is no problem. The problem is switching from satellite to the Roku ultra. Any advice would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Switching to Roku ultra results in greenish or pinkish screen

If your Roku device has a power saving option under Settings->System->About try disabling it.  It seems to affect the HDMI handshaking with some devices when it comes out of power saving.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Switching to Roku ultra results in greenish or pinkish screen

@DoctorResonator  What happens if you connect your Roku straight to the TV?

0 Kudos