Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjcxon
Reel Rookie

Switching content, reboot needed

I have a Roku Express 4k (3940) connected to my 5G Home Internet and using the supplied power adapter. Recently I noticed (bought it last year and haven't used it a lot) that whenever I switch content, either within a channel or switch to another channel (except for what it looks like YouTube) I need to reboot my device otherwise I will end up with the never ending spinning wheel.
Like this morning I watched some olympics via the Peacock Channel I went back to the Peacock homepage and selected a movie. Movie didn't want to start, rebooted, looked up same movie and even the preview played which it didn't do in the first attempt.
same happens when I switch from Peacock to the Roku channel or the other way around.
Latest firmware has been installed.
Last year when I used it I powered it via the TV so it powered off with the TV. Maybe that is why I didn't notice this problem.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos