Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbushong
Level 7

Surround output from Roku Premiere

Okay, another surround sound question.  I have a Roku Premiere connected via HDMI to a Denon AVR-X3400H.  Every movie (or anything else) that I play on Prime or Netflix from the Roku is sensed as 2 channel PCM by the AVR.  I can use Netflix on my Sony BluRay player, playing the exact same movie, and it'll show Dolby Digital Plus (3/2/.1), but when I select exact same movie through Netflix on the Roku, it's always PCM/Stereo.  I've set the Audio modes on the Roku to the surround settings, but it still comes through as PCM (2/0/.0).  Is there some setting that I'm missing?  I've even tried swapping HDMI ports on the AVR...  same thing, of course.  I'm not very well versed in audio settings, but I think I've got the stuff set correctly.  As far as the AVR goes, it's getting the surround formats just fine from the cable box, BluRay player, and HD-DVD player (multi channel, 3/2/.1, etc).  All I get out of the Roku is 2 channel PCM.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
bbushong
Level 7

Re: Surround output from Roku Premiere

Well, I reset the thing to factory settings...  restarted/reloaded it all without changing (or even checking) any audio settings at all, and now it outputs 3/2/.1 Dolby Digital Plus.  I guess I need to go through all of those audio settings and make notes of them, because the other one that I tried last night did exactly the same thing, only outputting 2 channel PCM.  I have one more in my shop that I didn't try, so might give that one a shot, too.  Is it possible that one of the updates could have broken this?  Honestly, I never tried to see what it was outputting before, just noticed that it wasn't right a couple of days ago.

0 Kudos