Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liberator
Level 7

[Support Needed] Roku Express+ Screen Mirroring not working

I have a Roku Express+ and am trying to screen mirror to it, it's connected to my VCR via the Audio-VIsual cables, not HDMi
No devices will connect, device list below:
Windows 10
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
Samsung On5
Nexus 5X (Doesn't see the Roku at all)
When attempting to connect, it goes to the purple screen and then goes black, putting me back on the previous page I was on, but no matter what I try, nothing works. What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Liberator
Level 7

Re: [Support Needed] Roku Express+ Screen Mirroring not working

Any help? Please?
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

It's been quite some time since I've tried screen mirroring. I do know that mirroring a Windows PC is hit or miss at best, usually a miss. But you shouldn't be having an issue with your Android devices. I recall I had to install an app on my S8, however I just looked it over and don't see one. But it's been close to two years since I've used it that way, so maybe I removed it. And iOS devices won't screen mirror to a Roku either. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are seeing.

What model is your Roku Express+? Screen mirroring is only supported on model 3910 and not on the model 3710. However, screen mirroring is only supported via HDMI output and not on the A/V output.

For more detailed information regarding screen mirroring you can visit the support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928-how-do-i-use-screen-mirroring-with-my-android-or-windows-...

Thanks,
Danny
Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
magenta36
Level 7

I too had to install an app on my Android device in order for me to use screen mirroring
0 Kudos
Liberator
Level 7

"RokuDanny-R" wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are seeing.

What model is your Roku Express+? Screen mirroring is only supported on model 3910 and not on the model 3710. However, screen mirroring is only supported via HDMI output and not on the A/V output.

For more detailed information regarding screen mirroring you can visit the support page here: https://support.roku.com/article/208754928-how-do-i-use-screen-mirroring-with-my-android-or-windows-...

Thanks,
Danny

I'm using the Roku Model 3910, but, I am using A/V output, so it definitely just isn't going to work due to that? Are there any plans for it to ever work?
0 Kudos
John_smith
Level 7

Hi,
To use screen mirroring, you must first set up and enable the feature on your Android or Windows device and then request a connection to your Roku device. Once a connection is established, you can see your mobile screen on your TV and control it from your phone or tablet.
Windows 10

1. Open the action center on your Windows device.

2. Select Connect.

3. After a moment, you will see a list of wireless display and audio devices.

4. Select your Roku device and follow the on-screen instructions.

5. If you are unable to “project to a wireless display” on your Windows device, contact Microsoft for further help.
0 Kudos