Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blondesherr
Level 7

Super Loud POP

Okay, so I must be the last person in the world to "cut the cord" and actually ended a 12 year relationship with Dish on Friday.  I had purchased 3 Roku SEs during their black friday debut a couple of years ago, but myself, my dad or my mom were able to really dive in and learn how to deal with it.  Since I no longer had ANY service when dish cut the signal on Friday I decided to start working with my Roku SE.  It's plugged into my tv on the wall, via a Gold Ended HDMI cable and my wifi is fiber through my city's offerings.  I have 2 little poodles, one who was severely abused prior to him being rescued and placed with me.  He's 6 now and he absolutely LOST IT when I started watching a show from my Amazon Prime.  There is something that is constant that makes him literally dig until he's hiding under everything, heart beating out of his chest, and wants to be touching me at all times.  I thought he was having a seizure the first time he freaked out.  I then switched to local news via NewsOn Channel, and EVERY time the pre-recorded news went to a new segment or to a commercial type pause and came back on, it made this not even a second long ZAPPPP sound, like electricity popping, electrocuted but just one ZAP, and it stops, that really freaked out both dogs....There is something constant that makes my baby poodle upset, but then that POP, so loud you jump, and the dog tries to dig a hole in the floor to hide....  LIKE GUNFIRE..... Smiley Surprised Smiley Surprised I really could use some help and I am older now, and not very technologically forward like I may have been lol   
0 Kudos
2 Replies
DBDukes
Level 9

Re: Super Loud POP

I don’t have a Roku device in the Express/SE line, but they should all work the same.

I don’t get any “pop” via Amazon (Prime Video) not via NewsON. I do hear the standard menu beep that you hear on the menu. Some beeps are single beeps. The Home beet is a fast two tone beep. Arrow presses are clicks.

You could adjust those via Settings > Audio although I suspect that is not the problem. Still might be worth checking out.

I suspect there may be a problem with the Roku output, the cable (don’t care its fancy, it happens), the TV HDMI input, or the TV amp.

Try a different HDMI port. Try them all, until you get one without the issue, or you confirm all have the issue.

Try the original HDMI cable that came with the device.

Not sure what else to suggest at the time.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
blondesherr
Level 7

Re: Super Loud POP

I will swap out the HDMI cord thank you~ I have never seen my little dog act so WEIRD :shock:  lol 
0 Kudos