Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
properteru
Level 7

Suddenly certain videos have audio that cuts out briefly very frequently. Why?

I honestly cant figure out whats going on. Whether I stream from a media server or transfer files to a thumb drive and plug it into the roku, certain titles that are compatible and have perfectly fine audio, will very briefly and annoyingly cut out every like, 10-20 seconds. It's so frustrating. Other files sound perfectly fine. I'm just using my tv speakers and everything is on auto detect. THANK YOU!

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Suddenly certain videos have audio that cuts out briefly very frequently. Why?

How are you playing these files -- using the Roku Media Player (RMP) app, I assume?

Ever since Roku 10 was rolled out people have reported various problems with RMP.  Have you tried reinstalling the app to see if that helps?

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.  In the case of RMP, we've got to hope that Roku issues an update soon.

Doug
Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Roku Streaming Stick 3600

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, just a user like you.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."
0 Kudos