Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomscot2
Level 7

Sudden reduction in Roku Sound output

In the last week I have had to turn up the volume on my Samsung Soundbar to MAX in order to hear the dialog of any stream on my Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810RW. Software version 8.1.0 build 4137-50. Roku is connected to Samsung UN43MU6300. Audio is passed through to Samsung Soundbar via Airtrack BT connection. The audio has worked perfectly on this setup for the last 6 months. Neither the TV nor the soundbar have had any software updates in the last few weeks (neither are connected to the internet. However the Roku system was updated on Jun 26, about the time I noticed the problem.  The audio settings on the Roku are Auto.

Can I roll back to the previous OS?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndyCalling
Level 7

Re: Sudden reduction in Roku Sound output

Yes, I've noticed I've had to up my volume on my Samsung TV recently for Roku stuff, this has only happened recently and only the Roku has been updated. I don't use any sound bar or the like, just the TV speakers, and I've not had to up it to the max but the volume does need turning up from where it was before. This is annoying as other sources have remained the same of course so I'm now constantly fiddling with the volume every time I change source.
0 Kudos
bvd1022
Level 9

I noticed this yesterday while watching a talk show on WWE Network, but I don't know if it was something necessarily tied to Roku's recent firmware update or a bug with the WWE Network app/channel. I had my volume up to 32, which fills my room/office and it sounded like the conversation that was going on, on the show was at least thirty yards away. I have my ultra plugged into an HDMI switch and the switch plugged into my TV, but I don't have a soundbar or any other home theater equipment hooked up, though I have thought about buying a soundbar so long as I can plug it in via HDMI and have it functional on all inputs.  It would be great for the days I feel like watching movies all day, etc.
0 Kudos
tomscot2
Level 7

I ended up a Full Reset of the Samsung TV after I realized that the same reduced volume was affecting the TV speaker, regardless of the source.  That fixed the problem. I was pleasantly surprised that I did not lose my BT speaker pairings in the Speaker List. Otherwise I had to reset all of the customizations.
0 Kudos