Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kat22
Level 8

Re: Sudden Insufficient Power Issue

Yea, I pretty much already gave up since I've been trying things for a week now. Since it hasn't worked for a week, it's been resting that long. I unplugged mine several times from the USB Port, from the wall, from the HDMI but still every time i attempt to turn it on, it just says "Insufficient Power, the USB port on your TV will not power this Roku device. Please use a USB power adaptor." Which makes no sense, since I am using a USB power adapter and the same one that came with the Roku Express device. 

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

If you are still experiencing an issue with insufficient power issue and are plugged into a wall outlet, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RickN167
Level 9

Pretty sure it is dead. Everything I have tried has not worked.

0 Kudos
MaryFranco
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @RickN167,

Thanks for the post.

Is there a light showing on your device? How are you powering the device? Is it plugged into the TV USB port, or is it plugged into the wall outlet with the provided cables? In addition, have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as trying your device on another TV to see if you are seeing the same issue with low power?

Thanks,

Mary

0 Kudos
Rdibart22
Level 7

Hello, I’m having the same issue. How do I PM you the information? thank you. 

0 Kudos
RickN167
Level 9

As I have said several times, yes there is a lite on, yes it is plugged into the wall. Yes I have tried plugging it into other places, used other cords, etc, etc, etc. The Roku is a piece of junk that lasted a little longer than the warranty before dying.

makaiguy
Level 20

@Rdibart22 wrote:

Hello, I’m having the same issue. How do I PM you the information? thank you. 

Click on your recipient's name at the top of one of their posts to go to his/her profile.

Click on the purple "Send this user a private message" button (on a narrow display you may have to scroll down to see it).

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
kat22
Level 8

THIS...I feel your frustration, i keep getting the same questions as well and feel like I've repeated myself several times. I'm chalking it up to RoKu being junk as well and just bought a fire-stick....

CryptoDad
Level 7

I'm having daily insufficient power errors! Have to hard reset the Roku stick every time. Becoming unusable as it happens 1 or 2 times every time we use the Roku. Roku is plugged directly into the wall outlet all the time.

Come on Roku, I wanted to like you more than Apple etc! 

0 Kudos
RickN167
Level 9

Yes I am about to give up and just start warning my friends away. I use to brag on Roku but between this loosing some channels I watched it is getting to be pointless. To many other devices and services out there to deal with junk.