Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Sudden Aspect Ratio Change to 4:3 While Using Remote - Only Affects One Series on Prime

Roku Ultra, Enhanced Remote, Sony Bravia 77" OLED TV: While watching "Silent Witness" on PBS thru the Amazon Prime Channel, the aspect ratio changed from 16:9 to 4:3 letterbox during some remote fumbling or fat fingering. Which button combo caused this to occur and how do I correct it?

Additional info:

1. Other episodes of the same series previously viewed in 16:9 now display in 4:3.

2. Other series in PBS (i.e. Inspector Lewis) still display in 16:9.

3. Other shows on Prime (i.e. The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel) still display in 16:9.

4. A system restart via remote AND unplug power restart have had no effect.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Sudden Aspect Ratio Change to 4:3 While Using Remote - Only Affects One Series on Prime

Hi Bob, the same thing happened to me.  I kept changing the display aspects a number of times and when i went to the regular Tv it was definitely wrong.  I also have satellite service for now and am sorry i left it for the ROKU system.  Also it now refuses to provide the regular local live TV service thru a TABLO DVR because there is not a proper sound system.  

0 Kudos