Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Subtitles for Plex on Roku Ultra

For some reason subtitles will not display in italics font on the Plex app for my Roku Ultra. I do not have this problem with any other client (FireTV, Shield TV, Chrome).

SRT format subs will not display in italics font when the subtitles in question clearly have italics tags throughout any given subtitle stream (I know because I personally edit most of the subs for my movie library). And again, if I watch any given movie on a different client, then the subtitles in question will display in italics when applicable. This problem is limited to my Roku Ultra, whereas my older Roku 3 has no problem displaying subs in italics (when necessary). 

I can remember only one instance where the Roku Ultra Plex app displayed proper italic subtitles when it was supposed to, which makes me think there's some type of setting or something.

It's a relatively minor problem but extremely aggravating to me since I put a lot of time and effort into optimizing subtitles and adding them into the MKV folder for my movies.

If anyone could help me solve this problem, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos