Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Stuttering audio, Roku Ultra HD 4k

I have a brand new (actually 2 brand new) Ultra that is intermittently having the choppy/stuttering sound issues.  The first model was ~2 months old and was doing it, and I had to end up replacing it through Amazon bc it would not pair with the remote after Roku support walking me through every possible option.  The new one has been installed prob 2 wks, and it is now stuttering - but the remote pairs and works fine.

I'm with other posters that Roku has some combo of software/firmware/hardware issues they need to work out.  I work in the high tech space and we mfr swr + hardware and I know how complex this is but you have to figure it out.  I hate Apple in general, and their older gen AppleTV device and remote, which I have three of and replaced with Rokus.  But Apple has never ever had the number of odd issues I've had with Roku devices.  

3 Replies
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Stuttering audio, Roku Ultra HD 4k

@tummyrope 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue occurring on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels? What OS is your Roku device running (this can be found in Settings > System > About).

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm having the exact same issue. On every channel. Even the beep of selecting something in a menu sounds broken. It is definitely a Roku issue. Restarting the device works for a while. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just the thread I was hoping to find...

I've been having the same problem on my Roku Streaming Stick (3800X)... all of a sudden choppy/jittery/stuttering audio on all channels. It happens sporadically. It's not even a new Ultra.

Would be nice to have a fix, I get tired of restarting the Roku, which is the only thing that fixes it.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos