Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaredt
Level 7

Stuck on loading screen with frozen circle

My roku express was working fine until last night. It reset itself then got hung up on the Roku loading screen with the white circle. Tried multiple things to fix it and nothing worked (switched HDMI, unplugged from wall for an hour etc). I even tried the factory reset which seemed like a regular reboot and still got hung up on the loading screen. I held the reset button for 10 seconds and 30 seconds but the Roku would always reboot after I held the button in for like 5 seconds with the same result. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Stuck on loading screen with frozen circle

The factory reset requires pressing the reset button a minimum of 30 seconds, regardless of what's happening on the screen. You might try it again, making sure it's at least 30 seconds. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jaredt
Level 7

I did it 3 times for 30+ seconds. All the same results. Light starts blinking around ~5 and ~15 seconds in but still loading screen with circles still there after all the 30+ second factory resets. 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

I wonder if you had some sort of power spike. Since it won't factory reset, my guess is it's defective for some unknown reason. If it won't reset, I don't think there's anything further that you can do. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Jaredt
Level 7

My father in law who lives a mile away lost power last night during a storm but we never lost power and we were watching Hulu until it reset and wouldn’t boot up. 

0 Kudos