Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rae1
Level 8

Stuck on blank purple color screen

Hi. Its stuck on a blank purple color screen. It happened while changing channels.  I did unplug everything and waited a 30 mins. Didn't work. Went back to same screen. Thx for replying.  I may have to trash roku. Idk

0 Kudos
3 Replies
catlady127
Level 8

Re: Stuck on blank purple color screen

Did you already trying contacting Roku?

0 Kudos
Rae1
Level 8

Re: Stuck on blank purple color screen

I have no clue how to get in touch directly to roku. That's why I came here.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Are you being returned to Home screen after selecting a channel?

Hi @Rae1

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Since you have tried unplugging everything connected to your Roku device and TV, try the additional suggestions below:

• Try a different HDMI input on your TV, AVR, or soundbar.
  • Try using a different HDMI cable (less than 6 feet if available), just to make sure the cable you are currently using does not have any defects.
  • If you are using an HDMI switch, AVR, or soundbar, try connecting your Roku player directly to your TV.
    • Note: Not all HDMI switches support HDCP. To check your device, review online documentation, or contact the manufacturer for more information.
  • Try another TV that supports HDCP, if possible.
  • If you are using a computer monitor, try using a TV that supports HDCP, if possible.
  • Try using different display settings on your Roku player. You can find these settings under Settings > Display type.
  • If you are seeing the "HDCP Error Detected" message or purple screen for the first time after setting up your Roku player, ensure that your TV and/or AVR or soundbar supports HDCP. Review online documentation for each device, or contact the equipment manufacturer for more information.

For more troubleshooting steps, please refer to this link: What should I do if I see an “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Let us know if it works for you!

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos