Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miketx
Level 8

Streaming + sticks turn on to blank screen once a week

I am having a problem with all of my Roku Streaming + sticks.   I have 3 of them, on 3 different brand TVs, and at least once a week...when I turn them on, the TV screen will be blank (but on).   I can use the remote and hear the Roku clicking around the menu, but nothing appears on the screen.

Sometimes I can choose a random Roku app to start (since I can't see anything on the screen).  The app will start, the screen works, and then I can hit the "Home" button and the Home screen appears.   But sometimes even that doesn't work.   If I power cycle the Roku, it boots up fine and the screen works again.  That's the only thing that works 100% (power cycle).

These TVs work fine on all inputs with any other device (Bluray player, Tivos, receiver, etc).   All of the Streaming + sticks are powered directly from the wall (not a TV USB port).

Since it is 3 different brand TVs having this problem, it definitely seems like a Roku HW or SW bug.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
miketx
Level 8

Re: Streaming + sticks turn on to blank screen once a week

Wow, crickets chirping on this issue.   I can't be the only one with this problem.

0 Kudos
miketx
Level 8

Re: Streaming + sticks turn on to blank screen once a week

Bump....all 4 of my Roku Streaming Stick + units keep doing this at least once a week.   All are connected to different brand/type of TVs, and are powered from the wall (not the TV).   Very strange

0 Kudos