Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sofakinghot
Streaming Star

Streaming stick + stopped working

My streaming stick + stopped working all of a sudden while I was watching a show.

pronouns: she/her
Hello from Chicago, IL…on the land belonging to the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo); Peoria; Bodéwadmiakiwen (Potawatomi), Miami; and Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux) indigenous peoples.
0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: No signal with streaming stick +

@sofakinghot

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Is there a light on the Roku device? How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? What are you seeing on screen? Have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sofakinghot
Streaming Star

Is there a light on the Roku device? YES

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? It's plugged into a USB hub that's plugged into a surge protector.

What are you seeing on screen? It's just the color stripes and No Signal words

Have you tried connecting the Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue? I don't have another TV. I just have the one TV.

Hello from Chicago, IL…on the land belonging to the Kiikaapoi (Kickapoo); Peoria; Bodéwadmiakiwen (Potawatomi), Miami; and Očeti Šakówiŋ (Sioux) indigenous peoples.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

"No signal" messages typically come from the TV when it can't find a signal in the TV's input you are currently viewing.  Obvious I know, but just to cover all bases, make sure your TV is set to display the same HDMI input port to which you have connected the Roku.

Have you tried restarting your Roku?  You can restart by pulling the power plug to the Roku for a minute or so then plugging it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
sofakinghot
Streaming Star

I did all that. Unplugged everything, reset the stick. Nothing worked.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sofakinghot,

Thanks for the follow-up.

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from a wall outlet via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

If you are still having any issues with your Roku device after following these steps, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sofakinghot
Streaming Star

Serial 213077100323

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @sofakinghot,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you via email.

We appreciate your patience for the time being.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sofakinghot
Streaming Star

My TV doesn't have a USB because it's an old Quasar CRT TV.

0 Kudos
Jayaygee

Re: No signal with streaming stick +. HELP!

I have the same problem with Model 3810X Stick and have done everything suggested above in responses. I have change batteries in remote plugged unit in several different ways, changed HDMI cables, cable connections but no signal error continues. The remote has a tiny light which does not go on at all. We have swapped out with other ROKUs. It just died. Is there a reset or something I can do short of replacement. The stick is barely a year old. Do I just toss it and move on?  Help. Thanks!  #3810Xstick

0 Kudos