Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scotpiperman
Level 7

Streaming - reloading will playing a show

Jump to solution

Help I am a dinosaur....75.....bought basic Roku Express.  During the day playback seems good with very little re-loading....but at night when more people are at home.....shows re-load every minute or two.  Do I need to buy the Premium or Ultra packages to avoid this disruption of the shows by having to re-load all the time??????

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming - reloading will playing a show

Jump to solution

You're right, as more people on your internet node start downloading stuff, the smaller your share of the data stream becomes. If your share gets small enough, your video viewing needs can outstrip the ability of your internet service to supply the data needed. As you've seen, your Roku is capable of streaming without interruption during the day when it can get the data stream it needs -- in the evening you're just running into the limitations of your internet service.

I'd suggest contacting your internet provider and ask them to check your connection - there may be some things they can optimize for you. But you may find that the only thing they can offer is for you to upgrade to a higher level of service, which of course will cost more.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You're right, as more people on your internet node start downloading stuff, the smaller your share of the data stream becomes. If your share gets small enough, your video viewing needs can outstrip the ability of your internet service to supply the data needed. As you've seen, your Roku is capable of streaming without interruption during the day when it can get the data stream it needs -- in the evening you're just running into the limitations of your internet service.

I'd suggest contacting your internet provider and ask them to check your connection - there may be some things they can optimize for you. But you may find that the only thing they can offer is for you to upgrade to a higher level of service, which of course will cost more.

Doug
Roku Community Streaming Expert  I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

scotpiperman
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you for that clear explanation.  What you said is what my "common sense" told me, but hey what does this dinosaur know about all this electronic stuff....not my world anymore.

0 Kudos