Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming problems, shows keep cutting out.

Jump to solution

@K9wardog  That isn’t the new firmware. Roku 10.5 has been out for awhile now. Roku 11 was recently released. So your Roku is only getting 2 Mbps but your speed test on your laptop shows 256. Correct. And your Roku is only 3’ from your modem? Your 3900X was released back in 2017. So most likely you have an internal failure with your Roku. Have you tried doing a factory reset on it? Reboot your modem and router?

0 Kudos
K9wardog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@BillieAnnie wrote:

@K9wardog  That isn’t the new firmware. Roku 10.5 has been out for awhile now. Roku 11 was recently released. So your Roku is only getting 2 Mbps but your speed test on your laptop shows 256. Correct. And your Roku is only 3’ from your modem? Your 3900X was released back in 2017. So most likely you have an internal failure with your Roku. Have you tried doing a factory reset on it? Reboot your modem and router?

@BillieAnniei’ve done everything but the factory reset. I’ve hesitated doing so because that means losing everything I’ve saved on Netflix, Prime, and others. 

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You don’t lose anything. Nothing is stored in your Roku. You simply redownoad Netflix or Prime and log back in. Most of your channels are saved and will automatically get added once you set your Roku back up. Remember a Roku is only a streaming device to get you to your streaming services. Think of a Roku like a smartphone. One of my setups is a 3 year old Ultra hooked to a Samsung 55” and Samsung soundbar (ARC). No issues streaming Netflix 

0 Kudos
K9wardog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@BillieAnnie. Thank you. That worked now as I tried to pair my new remote I get a message that Roku does not recognize my Samsung TV. Any suggestions

0 Kudos
K9wardog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 
@BillieAnnie 

First I wanna thank you for your help. However, nothing is working. I’ve done the factory reset twice. It still doesn’t work. Please give me some more ideas.

0 Kudos
BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@K9wardog  At this point it’s the weekend. Go tomorrow to Walmart, Target or Best Buy and purchase a new Roku. Your 3900X was released back in 2017. Last thing you can try is to hold down the reset button on the back on your Roku for about 10 seconds 

0 Kudos
K9wardog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@BillieAnnie wrote:

@K9wardog  At this point it’s the weekend. Go tomorrow to Walmart, Target or Best Buy and purchase a new Roku. Your 3900X was released back in 2017. Last thing you can try is to hold down the reset button on the back on your Roku for about 10 seconds 

That’s the conclusion I have come to, as well. Thank you very much for your time and efforts!👍

BillieAnnie
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You can spend hours days in weeks trying to figure out what’s going on. In the end you’re still dealing with a device that’s 10 years old. Cut your losses and go pick up a new one. It’s not like a Roku is expensive anyways

0 Kudos
K9wardog
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I did, thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
CharlotteH

Jump to solution

I keep having issues with shows buffering.  Mainly my CBS local channel it seems,  Husband is not happy with anything at that point,  HELP.  

Status                   Connected

Connection type  Wireless

Signal Strength     Excellent

Wireless Cahnnel  157

Internet Download Speed   Good (16Mbps)

0 Kudos