Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eppst1
Level 7

Streaming Stick+ with no 5.1 support....

Hello,

Just purchased a Streaming Stick+ and I can not get 5.1 to work.  

I have tried to connect the SS+ 2 different ways without any success.  The first way is the stick is inserted into my Panasonic I have also tried Vudu and Amazon Prime without any 5.1 luck.[/font][/color]

If I use my TV to stream Netflix, I use the optic cable and I get 5.1 audio.  Any other device (DVD, Spectrum box) that has 5.1 plays fine through my system.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

*edit* Audio leveling is turned off.

Thanks!
Ed
0 Kudos
3 Replies
zolotoiy
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick+ with no 5.1 support....

Somebody posted here it could be because audio leveling is engaged on the stick. Just go through all options on the stick
0 Kudos
eppst1
Level 7

"zolotoiy" wrote:
Somebody posted here it could be because audio leveling is engaged on the stick. Just go through all options on the stick

I updated my original post to include that audio leveling was not on.  I actually never changed that setting, but made sure it was not on.
0 Kudos
RokuDale
Level 8

You may need to go into the audio hdmi settings and tell the Roku that your TV supports DD+. Most of the channels like netflix only support multichannel audio in DD+ format. Telling the Roku that your Panasonic TV can do DD+ means the Roku will send DD+ to the TV, and hope that the TV will convert the DD+ to DD and send it out the optical port. But not all TVs will do that.
0 Kudos