Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nashydn
Level 7

Streaming Stick+ picture cropped

Hi. I have a Roku Streaming Stick+, model 3810EU

The picture is cropped at the sides. When I'm a video on, say, YouTube or Netflix, and I press the Asterisk on the remote to bring up the advanced picture menu, only options available to me are 'audio track' or 'volume mode'. I see no option anywhere in the Roku menus to allow me to fit the picture to the screen correctly. I have the Roku about 3 months now and definitely remember being able to fit picture to screen before during setup. But cannot find that option now. I've done a power down, restart and a factory reset. The cropping at the sides is significant and incredibly annoying. TV aspect ratio set to automatic but tired at different settings also, to no avail. Does anybody know how I can fit the picture to the screen size and eliminate the cropping at the sides? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Streaming Stick+ picture cropped

@nashydn wrote:

Hi. I have a Roku Streaming Stick+, model 3810EU

The picture is cropped at the sides. When I'm a video on, say, YouTube or Netflix, and I press the Asterisk on the remote to bring up the advanced picture menu, only options available to me are 'audio track' or 'volume mode'. I see no option anywhere in the Roku menus to allow me to fit the picture to the screen correctly. I have the Roku about 3 months now and definitely remember being able to fit picture to screen before during setup. But cannot find that option now. I've done a power down, restart and a factory reset. The cropping at the sides is significant and incredibly annoying. TV aspect ratio set to automatic but tired at different settings also, to no avail. Does anybody know how I can fit the picture to the screen size and eliminate the cropping at the sides? Thanks. 

This really sounds like the TV is set to zoom in when it does not need to, but you say you've investigated this possibility.

What resolution is your TV's native display, and what setting do you see on the Roku for Settings > Display type?  Try setting this directly to your TV's resolution instead of Auto and see if it makes any difference.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
nashydn
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick+ picture cropped

Cheers!! I'll try that and see 😎
0 Kudos