Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EvanTM
Level 7

Streaming Stick+ freezes and reboots constantly

I just purchased a Streaming Stick + with the intention of using it for Disney+ streaming. However, the device will not run consistently. After powering on, it seems to work alright for a brief time... But then i start getting display artifacts and choppiness while scrolling through app lists or programs within apps.
After that, it eventually freezes completely and restarts itself after being unresponsive for a minute.

I've tried this on two different TVs, with the power plugged into the TV or the AC adapter, and at 1080p, 4k@30hz, and 4k@60hz. I've tried a hard reset on the device also. I just can't seem to get it to function well.

Do i just have a bad unit or is this device always this finicky? Thinking i should have gone with a fire stick.. Will be returning if i can't get this sorted out.
3 Replies
Michaeljcombs
Level 7

Re: Streaming Stick+ freezes and reboots constantly

This is the exact same product I have. Used it for a year and a half. Woke up this morning and it is stuck on the start up screen playing that same stupid sound. Looks like there’s no support for this anymore… I think this is the way they’re forcing people to buy newer product just like apple does.

0 Kudos
EvanTM
Level 7

I wound up returning to Amazon for a replacement. Good thing about Amazon, easy no hassle returns.

Received new unit a few days ago and it's working great! Would be nice if support was better, this was apparently just a faulty piece of hardware causing my problem.
0 Kudos
BobElectrician
Level 7

The power supply is critical. Make sure you are connected to a separate 2 amp USB power source. Most TV's and some Roku plugs are just not powerful enough.

0 Kudos