Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lowcarbon
Level 8

Streaming Stick+ drops 4K HDR signal and needs reboot connected to projector

I am connecting a Streaming Stick+ to a ViewSonic X10-4K projector which accepts a 4K HDR10 30/60Hz HDCP2.2 input. 

Whenever the Display Settings are set on 'Auto Detect' or a 4K HDR and I try to stream a Channel like Netflix or AppleTV in 4K/HDR, the image flickers and the signal drops.  The stick then need a reboot by unplugging the USB power. 

Has anyone experienced the same and found a solution?

0 Kudos
19 Replies
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Streaming Stick+ drops 4K HDR signal and needs reboot connected to projector

Report this directly to Roku:

Chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus/contact-options  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help)

or message @RokuDanny-R 

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
lowcarbon
Level 8

Re: Streaming Stick+ drops 4K HDR signal and needs reboot connected to projector

Yes I had an exchange with Roku Chat Support before jumping on the Community forums here. Sadly they were not able to help. We 'troubleshooted' the problem but as it only happened with my 4K projector, not my 4K TV, they said the Roku stick was working fine.  They suggested I raise a support request instead with the projector manufacturer (which I am also doing...)

I think the issue is a compatibility one maybe with HDCP 2.2 + HDR10 rather than 4k, but I've yet to pin-point!

0 Kudos
davekki
Level 7

Gah I get this too Smiley Sad Bought a second Roku Streaming Stick Plus to test Smiley Sad HDR 4K 60fps works fine on TV but HDR doesn’t work with the X10. Did you get a workaround from Viewsonic? I’ll be tagging them next, have only just bought the projector.

0 Kudos
lowcarbon
Level 8

Still waiting on ViewSonic. Their UK customer service passed me to an engineer who is fielding the question with the manufacturer (presumably based in China?)

As soon as I find a solution I’ll post it here. For the now the roku works fine with video set to 4K/60Hz but without HDR.  

davekki
Level 7

That’s great, thank you! I thought there’d be a lot more people screaming about it, so maybe it’s a recent update issue - just hoping the projector isn’t borked Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Community Streaming Expert

Again, make sure you use the contact options I provided above to report this directly to Roku (the more reporting, the more likely/sooner it gets fixed).

StreamerUser
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
davekki
Level 7

Thank you - I've sent a message explaining whilst Roku Streaming Stick HDR works on my TV and not on my projector, the Google TV Chromecast works on the Projector and TV, so it's clearly a compatibility issue somewhere as both units technically "work" - so I guess it's down to who can or will be able to fix it? There's also a link I sent to Viewsonic's website where they're giving away a Roku Streaming Stick with the X10-4KE projector - so you'd hope they'd be pretty compatible...

0 Kudos
jaydeo27
Level 7

Thanks.  I am also having the exact same issue on my first day with the projector X10

0 Kudos
davekki
Level 7

Didn't hear anything from from @RokuDanny-R so I will contact their email support too. If anyone else has any news please let us know - if the x10-4K is faulty and other people aren't experiencing the same issue, it will need to go back Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos