Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
100IRE
Level 7

Streaming Stick+ does not wake from screensaver

A brand new Streaming Stick+ is on the HDMI 3 input at the rear of a Sony Bravia. The set is turned on and switched to the input for the Roku, only to find it is screensaver mode, the cartoon cityscape. No amount of button pushing on the Roku supplied remote will get it to wake up, you must pull the power cord and wait for it to reboot.  Solution is?

All advice is gratefully appreciated.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Streaming Stick+ does not wake from screensaver

Hi there, 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the issue! This may relate to a remote connectivity issue. 

Try unplugging both your Roku device and your wireless router for a minute to reboot them. Once your router is back online, plug your Roku device back into power. Visit Settings>System>System update and check for any system updates that may be available. Then, test again to see if the issue continues from there. 

Keep us posted! 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
scoresman
Level 7

Hello,

I'm having this exact same issue on both of our TVs / Roku Units, and have tried all of Tanner's recommendations - to no avail.

Both units are new Streaming Stick+ units with Enhanced Remotes (within the last week).

Help!
0 Kudos
scoresman
Level 7

Because this is so frustrating, I continue to attempt remedy by trying different things.

While my Roku Remote continues to not wake from the screensaver, I can do so from my iPhone's Roku App.

Which I would just use - except that the App has no Power or Volume buttons (why not?).

Then since the Roku is now off screensaver, I turn off with the remote.  Turn back on with the remote and screensaver is off; however, now none of the Remote buttons will do anything (why not?).

This is the case for both TVs that have one-week old Roku Streaming Stick+ and Enhanced Remotes.  Both Streaming Sticks are powered by AC (not USB from the TVs).
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@scoresman 

Thanks for the added details here. Please send me a private message with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku devices from Settings>System>About. I'll help take a closer look and see what else we can recommend. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos