Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yoandme2
Level 7

Streaming Stick + Startup Screen

My streaming stick + works fine except that when it starts up it always jumps to the Sling app instead of starting on the Home page.  I have been thru all the settings and cannot find out where to set this.  I do not  have the power on options found on roku tvs.

Thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: Streaming Stick + Startup Screen

When you turn off the tv, is the Roku running the Sling app? Turning off the tv (or switching the tv to a different input) does not turn off the Roku so it keeps running whatever it was running at the time.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
yoandme2
Level 7

No, I am usually on a different input than Sling when I turn off the system.  It does not start up on that input, only Sling.

0 Kudos
yoandme2
Level 7

I have never gotten an answer to this problem and the issue still exists.  Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos
rmbcam
Level 7

I just got my streaming stick + and remember getting prompted at setup for what I wanted to be the startup screen.  I am now looking to change that but I can also not find it in the settings.  There has to be a way other than doing a complete reset and starting over.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rmbcam

Thanks for the post.

If you are looking to add channels to your Home screen, feel free to visit our Support page here: How do I add channels to my Roku® streaming device?

In addition, if you are looking to remove any channels from your Home screen, visit our Support page here: How do I remove channels from my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
rmbcam
Level 7

Thanks, I can add and remove channels fine.  I want to change the startup screen when I bring up Roku.  The default is the Roku Home screen but during installation I chose the Roku Channel.  I would now like to alter that choice but can't find how to do that.

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

You can't choose a startup channel.  It always starts at the Home Screen.  With a RokuTV you can pick the startup input, but that's it.

0 Kudos
rmbcam
Level 7

That is not my experience.  During install I chose to have the Roku Channel to be my startup and that is what it is now.  I would like to change it back to the Roku Home screen but can't.  If I delete the Roku channel it does start up with the Roku Home screen but if I add the Roku Channel back it then becomes the startup screen again.  I spoke with Roku support and they are looking into it.  

0 Kudos
renojim
Level 21

Well that's news to me.  I just set up a new Roku (an Ultra, not a stick) and I didn't get any such option.  Let us know what they say.

0 Kudos