Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsbecker
Reel Rookie

Streaming Stick 4K breaks HDMI/ARC on LG smart tv

I have an LG OLED TV that uses HDMI/ARC to connect to a home theater processor, and it works fine. When I plug a Streaming Stick 4K into another HDMI port, all appears to work. But after the entire system is shut down, the next time it starts, there is no sound from the TV or the ROKU. The FM tuner produces sound, and the DVD player plugged into the processor produces sound. But switching to either TV or the ROKU brings silence.

I have tried removing the ROKU and restarting the whole system. But I don't get sound from the TV anymore. The only way I can fix the TV sound is to do a factory reset on the TV. After that, the system works properly for all inputs.

I have tried changing display, audio and connection settings to fix the sound for the TV alone or for the TV with ROKU. But I have found no combination of settings that works.

Unfortunately, I cannot just plug the ROKU into the processor because it has HDCP 1.4, so no 4K output.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Streaming Stick 4K breaks HDMI/ARC on LG smart tv

Before concluding that the Roku you own is defective, you probably need to check if the Roku is powered through either the TV’s USB port or the wall outlet.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
rsbecker
Reel Rookie

Does anyone have insight? I'd like to know before I give up and return the streaming stick.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@rsbecker

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried plugging the Roku Streaming Stick to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos