Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

Streaming Stick 4K (2021 model): Now TV, Not switching to Dolby 5.1 with active Boost subscription.

Since the latest update to Now TV on the Streaming Stick 4K (2021 model with Dolby Vision) Now TV live streams are not giving any DD 5.1 surround sound.  All live streams of channels, Entertainment & Film with Boost active, are only giving stereo 2.0 to my Denon X3700H AVR. 

I have checked the audio settings on the Roku stick and they are all correct.  All other streaming services are passing surround sound, up to Dolby Atmos quality, through to my AVR. 

An example, Terry Pratchet's 'The Hogfather'.  Using the Roku 4K stick (with Dolby Vision), no DD 5.1 sound when watching live.  When watching the same programme live on the Now TV app for my LG C1 OLED TV, Dolby Digital 5.1 is passed through to my AVR without any problem. I am not getting DD 5.1 on any live channels on Now TV when using the Roku 4K 2021 Dolby Vision supported  Streaming Stick when Boost is enabled.

Logging out of Now TV, deleting it completely from the Roku 4K stick, re-installing it and signing in again does not solve the Dolby Digital 5.1 problem on live channels.

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Dolby Digital 5.1 on Now TV live channels when it should be available?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

Re: Steaming Stick 4K (2021 model): Now TV, No Dolby 5.1 with Boost on all live channels

UPDATE:

I've worked out the problem with Now TV audio. Even though in the Roku settings the Audio has been set to automatically choose the best quality audio stream, this is not happening on any of the live channels. On selecting a live channel, I have to go to the subtitle setting on the info bar every time and change the audio channel. This then switches the audio to the 5.1 stream. This is not how the Roku stick and the Boost option on Now TV should be working. Changing the audio stream of certain live channels on Now TV manually to 5.1 can now also result in Now TV crashing the entire streaming stick, making it automatically reboot. I'm somewhat loathed to carry out a factory reset to see if that resolves the 5.1 audio issue.IMG_20211219_230358[1].jpg

0 Kudos
IDW
Channel Surfer

Re: Steaming Stick 4K (2021 model): Now TV, No Dolby 5.1 with Boost on all live channels

Hi

Thanks for this - glad I’m not going mad. Problem still there and solution still work

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

Yes, the problem is still there.  Subscribers to Boost should not have to manually alter the audio stream to 5.1, it's so irritating and not what I'm paying for. 

On the other devices I use NowTV with Boost it works as it should, meaning that NowTV automatically chooses the 5.1 audio stream when available.  This really is bad coding with the 4K Dolby Vision stick.

0 Kudos
IDW
Channel Surfer

Annoyingly I got the stick for 5.1 as I’ve given up on them ever getting it working on Apple TV.

At least it’s only live

thanks

0 Kudos
HPDeskjet
Binge Watcher

I'd advise either sending NowTV a tweet or a Facebook message, otherwise the problem may not get fixed.  It's a problem that NowTV can and should fix.  I've aleady informed them of the problem, but the more people that tell them the better.

https://www.facebook.com/NOWtv/

https://twitter.com/nowtv?lang=en

0 Kudos