Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morgus
Level 7

Streaming Full HD Frame Pack from USB Roku Ultra

So is it possible to stream a full HD Frame Packed 3D file (1920*2205) from a USB device on a Roku Ultra?   If so, what would be the most effective codec to encode this on?  I am creating my own media and have whatever software is needed...
0 Kudos
4 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Streaming Full HD Frame Pack from USB Roku Ultra

Not certain the Roku can handle a 3D video, but I've never tried. For codecs, I recommend H.264 for the video and ac3 for the audio. The Ultra will support H.265, but you'd really need a powerful computer to encode this in a reasonable amount of time. Smiley Happy 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
morgus
Level 7

thanks....  if it will stream 1920*2205 aspect ratio/ resolution at 24 fps... which is part of the 1.4 HDMI protocol and the so called "Full HD BluRay 3D" format... the rest depends on the device that it streams to (projector/TV/ or decoder)  

I'm about to play around with it, just hoping for some thoughts before I start
0 Kudos
morgus
Level 7

and while I dont know the format it comes in... The Roku Ultra plays very nice 3D video from Vudu app and from YouTube
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

If you get 3D from Vudu and YT, then I'm sure you'll be fine with local media. I've streamed from my DLNA server HD movies with bitrates exceeding 50 Mbps steady and peaks of over 70. There shouldn't be any issue with your files. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos