Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mamakin4
Level 7

Streambar and Plasma TV

Jump to solution

New Streambar and old Panasonic Plasma TV.

EVERY time that I shut the Roku down (in order to watch regular antenna TV)...I must troubleshoot that HDCP Error screen and unplug the device and tv and remove HDMI cables. Then it works again until I switch back to TV.

I've gone into Roku display settings and have it set to 720. Suggestions to fix?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Streambar and Plasma TV

Jump to solution

@Mamakin4

Thanks for the inquiry.

For troubleshooting steps regarding the HDCP error you are seeing, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Mamakin4

Thanks for the inquiry.

For troubleshooting steps regarding the HDCP error you are seeing, visit our Support page here: What should I do if I see a “HDCP Error Detected” message or a purple screen?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Mamakin4
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, but the troubleshooting steps I've taken (unplugging everything) are from that page and do not last once the TV is used without the Roku. It seems ridiculous to have to do this every time I want to use the Roku. I've switched HDMI ports and tried a different cable.

Is my new Streambar defective, will it even work with a plasma TV or should I return it? Thank you!

0 Kudos