Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Copydoc
Level 8

Streambar 2020 - Garbled intros on many YouTube vids

Jump to solution

YouTube video beginnings are noticeably “garbled” on many clips, mostly with edits of longer mainstream news reports and some music vids. It’s like the audio is initially struggling to sync with video. Also seeing screen crashes with the screen flashing magenta color, which always requires a restart.

I’m using HDMI-CEC on an older Samsung with optical cable connected.

Also experiencing some lag on older media at Amazon Prime. 

not a deal-killer but super annoying considering the 2018 Ultra this replaced was working ok. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Copydoc
Level 8

Re: Streambar 2020 - Garbled intros on many YouTube vids

Jump to solution

Got fed up when lip sync went whack again. Returned the stream bar to roku and picked up a 2019 Ultra refurbished. This unit had the same issues so I returned it too and just got a shrinkwrap 2020 ultra. Out of the box it had an updated OS 9.4.1 that seems to have fixed the weird sync issues on YouTube. Haven’t checked my legacy rokus yet nor other platforms for any weirdness  

Also in regards to the stream bar, my tv speakers are way better than the stream bar can upgrade. Took me a few days to wake up and admit it. 🙄 Probably be a better upgrade for less featured/powered TVs. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Copydoc
Level 8

Re: Streambar 2020 - Garbled intros on many YouTube vids

Jump to solution

Got fed up when lip sync went whack again. Returned the stream bar to roku and picked up a 2019 Ultra refurbished. This unit had the same issues so I returned it too and just got a shrinkwrap 2020 ultra. Out of the box it had an updated OS 9.4.1 that seems to have fixed the weird sync issues on YouTube. Haven’t checked my legacy rokus yet nor other platforms for any weirdness  

Also in regards to the stream bar, my tv speakers are way better than the stream bar can upgrade. Took me a few days to wake up and admit it. 🙄 Probably be a better upgrade for less featured/powered TVs. 

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
0 Kudos