Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JQ48
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

I restarted the Roku, tried running the System Update again, received the same message that I was up to date.  Then tried opening YouTubeTV again...now it is working!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

winglander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still not working today with same error message.  Have checked for the update 3 times today and it is not there. My express+ doesn't work (same errors as yesterday) but MILs streaming stick works fine.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@winglander 

Try the 4 steps if you havent already.

Stace0818

Jump to solution

The last update worked for me!  Hopefully when I log off and get back on it continues to work. Fingers crossed.  

0 Kudos
mothra72
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Me too.  I think it's ok now on one of my sticks.  (Will check the others later.)

0 Kudos
Laurens35
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Danny,

The solution posted today on 9-16 only worked for me for Netflix. I still cannot play YouTube TV and get the same error message “YouTube TV could not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network, please check your network connection and try again” 

I have restarted Roku, checked for updates, deleted YouTube TV and reinstalled it, unplugged the Roku from the tv and plugged back in, checked for updates on the app. But it’s not working. Is there another solution identified for YouTube TV?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Laurens35 

Try the 4 steps I listed a few posts up from yours.

0 Kudos
davidinct

Still having problems with Roku playback as of 9/16/2021

Jump to solution

I have not been able to play Sling or YouTube on my Roku Express device since yesterday. Roku states on their web site "***RESOLVED - Channel launch issue - "Can't run channel" message displayed." HOWEVER, it is not resolved in my household. I've also just learned that Roku has no human phone support so you cannot even speak to anyone. Had I known that, I would've bought a different device. Regarding my issue, I spoke with Sling TV last night, since I couldn't get a human on the phone from Roku, as I have been getting the error notice "can't run channel" for both Sling and YouTube. The Sling representative was very helpful and told me to do a factory reset, which I did, but to no avail. I still cannot launch these channels. Roku's web site states to do a "system update" which I have done numerous times but that still has not helped and I am getting the same error message. Help!

winglander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser   those showed right after I replied (no idea why it was delayed) but will try that tonight.

0 Kudos