Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Streams
Level 7

Stick+ Not responding

I have the Roku Stick+, had it since it first debuted.  Never an issue.  

For the past 3 days all of a sudden there is a huge lag when pressing a button on the remote.  Sometimes it will move the cursor immediately for 2-3 presses, but then it will freeze for 10 seconds to a minute.  Also, it takes a very long time to connect to the wireless network.

I have rebooted it many times, no difference.  Why is this happening all of a sudden?  It says that the software was updated yesterday (June 7th), but this started happening before that.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Streams
Level 7

Re: Stick+ Not responding

Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Streams
Level 7

Re: Stick+ Not responding

I have had this Stick+ powered by the USB port on my TV since I got it, which was when it was first released.  It always worked fine.

Today after the problems I spelled out above still continued I got out the power adapter and used that, the problems went away.  

I could understand if the USB port on my TV was under voltage and it gave me issues from the start.  By why would it work flawlessly for so long and then just stop working right?
0 Kudos