Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Static noise ... crack, popping

Yeah my roku is so annoying. I had to stop using it bc of the constant static and popping. I tried everything and it doesn't matter. I immediately just used my trash internal Chromecast again inside of my vizio. Don't get me wrong Chromecast is great all by itself but the built-in ones (under my usage) are always spotty for connecting. I have to continuously soft reset my tv in order for wifi and apps to pick it up again to connect. That's why I went and started using my roku again. Which at the time I got bc Amazon wasn't allowing casting, so I got my roku. There was no popping or static until i started using it as my main source for streaming. So I'm done with it. I'm going to check my warranty but it seems like it's a huge issue no matter what. So I'm not even bothering upgrading to the 4K one bc of it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Hi all:

Same annoyance with my Roku 3. All solutions mentioned here work only for a few days - then the

crackle comes back. Can we expect a decent reply from customer support?

Henning

Highlighted
Level 8

I took batteries out of remote for a night, next day put batteries back in and did system reboot, it’s been OK now for Six weeks.  For me, if you have done this and still doesn’t work then Id try another Roku as they aren’t expensive, perhaps then I’d get another product.  Could be that your TV somehow screws the ROKU device somehow.  Just guessing, as seems most have done here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Probably not. I suspect they expect the customer to do their job for them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Well, jts1, it sounds like yours was a brick from day one. I hope by now the company has replaced it and given you six months free streaming for your trouble.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Dear All: I also tried taking out the batteries plus restart - no win. The problem with my Roku 3 happens, when I watch TV with earphones, plugged in at the remote. Then all of a sudden, the crackle pops up in the loudspeakers of the TV set and not in the earphones. Maybe there is an interference between the TV set and the Roku 3, which right now is placed close to the TV. Since yesterday I placed an aluminum foil between TV and the Roku box, without disturbing its WiFi reception, covering part of the HDMI cable and the power cable as well. Maybe that works. I'll keep you posted. Henning
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Pressing the star button, changing from leveling back to leveling worked for me, too.  Thanks Littletoes!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

What I did last week didn't work, I even put the Roku box further away from the TV set. When I start watching TV with my earphone everything is fine for about 10 minutes. Then all of a sudden the noise is popping up. It sounds like distorted audio - but not in the earphone. It comes from the TV's loudspeakers. I then run a powercycle, and the noise doesn't come back. I hope, that I don't have to powercycle whenever I start watching TV with the earphone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Two nights ago the static was back, again! I was able to follow the steps I listed earlier, fixed it again. Just a guess, but whatever fixed the noise once will probably fix it again - whether adjusting audio settings, powering on/off, messing with the HDMI cable, etc. I have a feeling I'll be going through "my" steps periodically as long as I have this unit. Good luck everyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Yay @Sneaks23! You may have to go through these same steps periodically, I did two nights ago. Crazy!

0 Kudos