Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Static noise ... crack, popping

I have a old one and it started doing that as well, I did the Audio settings fix and it worked

THANKS 

Highlighted
Level 7

Changing the audio to Stereo does the trick, great! So this is indeed a glitch on the audio detection 

Glad to have a  workaround.

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks for the tip on changing the settings. My Ultra just started making the crackle noise, fortunately I found your posts before I tried any DIY solutions. At first changing the audio settings didn't do anything so I wiggled the HDMI cable at the back and then tapped the unit, immediately the sound was better. Fingers crossed this takes care of it - thanks everyone ♡

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Just change the speaker type like theatre mode, music etc. Problem hasn't come back yet

Highlighted
Level 8

Static appeared by week 5, changed to stereo sound and reboot, good for two weeks so far.  

Highlighted
Level 7

We got an Ultra for Christmas and I tried to set it up a few weeks ago.  I only got static in the audio.  I finally got around to trying it again, including on a different TV and using different cables, and I still only get static.  I have tried changing all of the audio settings. Am I out of luck with this one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I took batteries out overnight, then rebooted with method under the  system stuff.  Two weeks no static, I think the reboot is necessary,  as taking the batteries out did not totally clear static.  

Highlighted
Level 8

After only a couple of weeks the static returned on my unit after changing the audio settings to "Stereo". Last night I did the steps below and the unit has been fine since. I even moved the box to another tv and it's still clear. 

> While unit was playing a show I pressed the * button on the remote.

> I then toggled/changed the volume mode (was on Leveling) and the sound immediately improved. I togged the setting back to Leveling - the sound has been clear since.

> I messed around with all of the other settings to see if anything else would change and all seemed to function correctly. 

Good luck

Highlighted
Level 8

Thanks, Littletoes. That fixed it for me. PhDs in electronic engineering design these systems, and customers have to figure out fixes. So much for customer service.

Highlighted
Level 7

Was having this issue out of nowhere. Did the audio setting change and it did not work. Did the system restart and it finally took the static sound away. Thanks, guys!