Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Spanish episode descriptions, all else in English

Hello! I have had my Roku LT 2700x for years with no problems. All of a sudden the descriptions written under each episode (but not the audio or subtitles) on Amazon Prime (no other platforms, Netflix, Hulu, etc. are still the same) have changed to Spanish. The audio and subtitles are still in English. I have switched the settings on my TV, Roku, and Amazon Prime back and forth to English, as well as unplugging and resetting my devices. On the Amazon Prime website everything is in English as usual. I am hoping some clever people can help me with a solution! Thank you very much!

15 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Spanish episode descriptions, all else in English

I would ask Amazon if they're aware of the issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

Have you started using a VPN lately that might be using a server in a Spanish speaking country?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I have this problem also. Can no one address this?

Highlighted
Level 7

Yep, this began yesterday on my Roku. Once you choose a show, all descriptions in Spanish but the episodes are in English with audio. This is creepy. All of my settings are set to English. How hard can this be to fix.

Highlighted
Level 7

I get this when I go to Amazon Originals.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately I have not changed anything, but I see from the responses below that others are having this problem. Hopefully Amazon will sort it out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same problem, system reset did not fix it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

The CD channel (show "Friends"), is playing Spanish, just the show, not commercials & it's set in English!!!!! Wth?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

hello - did anyone get a solution for this issue? If not, I may decide to end Prime and Roku as this is very annoying