Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Soundcuttingout
Reel Rookie

Re: Sounds keeps cutting out

The pcm audio solution is a joke. It will work for 15 minutes 

0 Kudos
Davidsco27
Binge Watcher

Same as everyone else. The sound repeatedly drops out playing through my home theater receiver.  I had the same connection with my earlier model Ultra with no issue.  I miss random words of dialogue as it repeatedly drops for a half second.  I tried switching to different audio settings, I turned off volume leveling.  Problem remains, though a little less often.  I am running 10.0.0 build 4209 C2.  If this continues, this piece of junk is going back.  Totally unacceptable

0 Kudos
Davidsco27
Binge Watcher

How utterly pathetic is Roku "support"  Nobody responds here. Through email so far I got two copied and pasted bs responses that suggest I try what I already told them I did. This piece of **bleep** is going back to target and I'm gonna leave reviews for it everywhere telling everyone what a piece of junk this is, how poor Roku support is and not to buy it. Unacceptable 

0 Kudos
Zevzeg

I have this issue. It's most obvious when Audio -> Auto is selected and I'm watching D Stream (Direct TV Stream) channel. If I flip to Stereo, the cutting out stops. 

0 Kudos
Nat2021
Binge Watcher

I just got the update last night (10.5.0) and tested an MKV file that was stuttering, sound breaking up etc and it seems to have solved the issue SO FAR....if anyone else has the update please let me know if it has sorted out this ongoing sound issue, thanks. Nathan.

0 Kudos
sp01222
Channel Surfer

looks like the 10.5 update fixed all my sound problem on all 3 roku Ultras. Thanks, took a while but good job, techs.

NicholasRobert
Reel Rookie

Hello,

I have a Roku Ultra 4670X and it was working great for awhile. Occasionally, I would get where the sound wouldn’t sync up with the footage but if I paused and then played again it would usually fix that. 

However, I am now dealing with the sound cutting out after a few minutes out of nowhere. I have to turn everything off and then back on. It’s not the tv cus the sound works fine when not on Roku. So, it’s something with the Roku. Possibly the remote and it’s audio controls. 

Anyone know how to fix this? There is no other way to get the sound to come back aside from turning everything off and back on again which is really annoying. 

Please help! Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Marlowe28
Reel Rookie

I paid to have the tv installed so I have no idea what you're talking about. Please provide step by step instructions to fixing the problem. The tv's hooked up to a soundbar because the reviewer that I trusted said that the only weakness on the model was mediocre sound. Does that make a difference in how to fix the problem?

0 Kudos
Marlowe28
Reel Rookie

I have cable and streaming channels. It happens on all although it drops less often on the streaming channels. If the cable provider matters, I have WOW.

I'm 69 and I had trouble figuring out all the features that my VCR had in the 1980s. I'm a techno-ignorant sociologist, not a programmer. The instructions provided by other posters are no more clear to me than Mandarin Chinese would be.

0 Kudos
milchuck
Streaming Star

Your best bet may be contacting Roku support directly as I'm not sure this thread is monitored consistently.

0 Kudos