Premium audio. Made simple.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy4
Reel Rookie

Soundbar randomly playing advertisement

I have the Roku Soundbar and it works great. But recently when it is off and the TV is off it will randomly play the audio of an advertisement. It just plays one advertisement and then is silent again. It has been happening more and more frequently. I can't figure out why this is happening or how to stop it. Anyone had this issue and know how to fix it?

5 REPLIES 5
Ecstaski

Re: Soundbar randomly playing advertisement

Same here. Any ideas from Roku on this issue. It woke us up this morning because we forgot to mute it last night. 

0 Kudos
Andy4
Reel Rookie

Roku was not able to help, but I was able to figure out what was going on with mine. We had put a screensaver on and didn't know that it had ads in it. Even though the TV was off the screensaver was running and would play the ad. We changed to a different screensaver (one from Roku) and that fixed it. Hopefully that's the same thing going on for you!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

What screensaver had ads?  I'm pretty sure that is against Roku policy.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Woofbabe

It just happened to me. It was very scary since I had my eardots linked through the app.

Why is this happening? Why is no one getting answers from Roku? They never tell you that this is some sort of feature, so either it is a bug or they have lied and didn't mention flashing random ads. 

0 Kudos
ChessCheeseChoc
Reel Rookie

I’ve had something similar. Not an advert but audio that sounded like it was from a movie. The TV was off and the audio stopped when I turned on the TV and  selected the Roku stream bar input. 
 The Roku was on the home menu.

I’ts very strange. None of the Bluetooth connections were active and my network connection is wired. It’s like it’s picked up the audio from another device.

0 Kudos