Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fedcop1984
Reel Rookie

Sound not syncing with picture

Is anyone else experiencing the sound falling out of sync with the picture you are watching?  It doesn’t matter what streaming channel I watch, it happens at least twice an hour. I have to restart my Roku device each time. I have the Express. It’s like it just falls out of sync, with lag time getting worse the longer I let it go. This seemed to start months ago, after an update. Would appreciate feedback from Roku on this. 

9 REPLIES 9
Williamt100
Roku Guru

Re: Sound not syncing with picture

I've noticed this on a few channels immediately after some ads play.  Last evening it happened as I was watching a movie on the Amazon Prime Video app.

it doesn't happen al of the time, but I have been noticing that after some advertisements play, the audio and video go (slightly) out of sync.

Roku 3500X
Roku 4400X
Roku 4661X
0 Kudos

Yes. My new Roku does it with all channels. Thought I would call customer support,  but website says my purchase is not eligible for technical support. 

0 Kudos
rwhit

Found this in another article and it's worked for me. I was ready to return my Roku.

Go to Roku Settings, then to Audio. Put it on Stereo and also on PCM.

fedcop1984
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply to my original post. I followed your directions, but no joy!  Same problem occurs. I’m beginning to think that the real problem is the total lack of customer service from Roku. Can’t get any help from them and I doubt anyone from Roku even monitors the numerous calls for assistance their customers posit here. I for one will not buy another Roku product when this sync problem becomes too much to bear. Thanks again. 

I'm having this issue, but only when i connect with RCA cables. When I use HDMI the audio is in sync. I think this is another step is getting rid of us RCA users.

0 Kudos
GIjim

I have had this voice-picture sync issue with my 5 year old Visio and a new ROKU Express. Time delay was okay on Visio and other devices and streaming apps. Only had this issue the the Express. After selecting "stereo" in the AUDIO MODE on the Roku, and also in the HDMI (auto detect) I selected PCM-stereo this synced (fixed) the voice-picture timing issue.

0 Kudos
Indyraz
Reel Rookie

Sorry about your sound issues, HDMI does this also, I have to "reboot" my ROKU by unplugging/replug the power connection in the back of it and letting it reboot, this usually resolves it for quite a while. Just a tip though todays electronics work much better via HDMI, TV's are cheap these days or see if someone in your commuinity will donate an older model if you cannot afford one.  Best luck!  BTW - support is terrible!

0 Kudos
Texdeb

Yes and it is going to drive me crazy. Extremely annoying. How can I fix it?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Texdeb,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look at what we can do to help you to make sure we are providing the best streaming experience but we need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• What Roku model device are you using?
  • Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?
  • When did this issue first start occurring?
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

We look forward to hearing from you and looking closely into this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos