Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JA100
Level 7

Sound from TV HDMI continues to play after switching to the Roku HDMI

Sound from TV HDMI continues to play after switching to the Roku HDMI. I have a Dish Network receiver connect to my tv with an optic cable from the tv to the sound bar. The tv and sound bar are both Vizio. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Sound from TV HDMI continues to play after switching to the Roku HDMI

To be sure I understand your configuration. You have a Dish Network receiver and a Roku player. Both are connected to the TV via HDMI. An optical cable feeds audio from the TV to the sound bar. When you change your TV input from the Dish receiver to the Roku, you continue to hear the audio from the Dish box, not the Roku. Is that accurate? 

If I have it correct, then the problem is with the TV. It's not switching its audio output based on what input is selected. You'd have to contact Vizio for support with their TV. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos