Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jps2
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound drops when changing stations or apps

I have deleted and then added back NetFlix.  It made no difference.  I am concerned that there is little to know recent communication from Roku.  As many have stated before, the prior release of software worked just fine.  Clearly, there is an answer - look at the changes in the new release vs. prior..  An update from Roku would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Same problem.  Just purchased two brand new 4K streaming sticks and can’t even hear the audio.  Any other advice besides removing the app, restarting and re adding? That didn’t work.  

When will this be fixed on your end since clearly, this is a wide spread problem.  

0 Kudos

I have the same problem with Roku and Vizio. The vizio tv is not able to recognize the audio signal from the roku. When I move to Vizio smart tv app (Netflix) and then switch to Roku. My sound works until I turn off TV. This would suggest that Roku may need to change when the signal for audio is sent to the tv. 

0 Kudos
LotionBasket
Channel Surfer

Is there any resolution to this yet? I keep having the same problem. My TV is not a Vizio it's a Samsung and I have a Roku Ultra 4K

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LotionBasket

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Are there any external audio devices connect to your home setup? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LotionBasket
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny. When I switch from one app to another, like watching Netflix and the sound works, then when I switch over to Hulu or any other app, the sound stops. The sound does work on the hulu home screen, but when I open another app, it stops. I have a sonos system connected for audio. The fix is turn the TV and Roku off and then back on and it fixes it. 

0 Kudos
Maddoxbev7
Reel Rookie

Hi I’m having the same problem as the others. Serial SX004009YMHNS. Device S008316YMHNS  3930X roku express IP 192.168.1.82 wireless Mac 84EAED47.CE09 version 210-1 build 29. I have two control for two tv . Local channel 3 WLBT program like Chicago med the news is fine only on the show’s. 

0 Kudos
Maddoxbev7
Reel Rookie

I provided the info yesterday when do I get an answer. Will it be by email???  Not having customer service disappoints me. I just changed to Roku thinking it would be better than what I had now not sure if I made a mistake changing. We need someone to speak to for help!!!!

0 Kudos
LotionBasket
Channel Surfer

Also it now just dropped watching Hulu during a commercial break and I had to turn the TV off and on for it to play the sound again through my Sonos system. This is the Roku Ultra 4K streaming box

0 Kudos
OldManOnABike
Reel Rookie

calling @RokuDanny-R 

I have a new Ultra with the latest software version. I have a TV that worked well with an old Roku3. The Ultra correctly detected my TV as 1080 (not 4k or HD). The Ultra worked well with all apps for a couple weeks. Then, the audio stopped working ONLY on the FreeVee app and ONLY on the shows. The audio worked while navigating the app.

Yesterday, we had our first HDCP error. I followed the instructions to "reset" everything. The same FreeVee audio problem exists. But then, on other apps (NetFlix, Paramount, etc), the sound worked on the shows but not on ads (a feature?). Then today, while watching a series on Paramount, one episode had audio, the commercials had no audio, and then the next episode had no audio. So, I checked other apps. Audio workes on the Roku and app navigation screens, but none of the shows on any app have audio. Oddly, the ads on Hulu do have audio.

These audio problems have been happening to a lot of people since the new software came out months ago. Don't ask for my serial number, etc. because it obviously does not matter. This has been happening to many different Roku devices with many different TVs. It must be a problem with the software. When will it be fixed? It not soon, can I return my Ultra for a refund?

0 Kudos